Qashqais feel the cold.

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, I thought I might get a set also when Berlin was mentioned in the writeup, but no such luck. I spoke to a Nissan Dealer last weekend and to our Dealer today - Technical / Sales / Store all were unaware of this problem and the comment was that although the temps go down to the minuses they are not for prolonged periods like in Finland or Sweden. The Central Nissan German Store was asked for this part and they were also unaware of it. So it looks like if you think you need it you have pay for it yourself and get it from Finland - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

sexton

Post by sexton »

I must say to those who think they might need this kit that is just cut out of 3mm softish foam plastic and you could easily make your own.Some ingenuity will be needed though to find a substitute for the clips.
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

These freebies have not been offered yet here, despite the coolish name of our country. :(
Our journey to the "summer house" at the weekend could have been more comfortable, as the heater stuck on "recirc" despite all my efforts to take in air. It was about -7c which meant with the heater on hi and full blast demist, only the lower half of the windscreen was clear, while our feet slowly froze. Next day all was well, so perhaps on reflection, I should have stopped and restarted the engine. Any others who have experienced this syndrome?
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Thrall, I think if I lived in Iceland I would recommend to just buy one of these Grill Covers (£56) from Finland or make one up, just for piece of mind that the QQ functions. OK it has happened once but it could happen again and I mean who wants cold dead feet and no vision :D - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
olle

Post by olle »

Hi
I have got the kit that ur talking about but I didn't install it now I have problem to start the car and the temperature is -13 what I can do?
kifler

Post by kifler »

I can confirm problems in cold weather. I have 2014 1.2l DIG-T. In 2015 January we had around -18 celsius here in Estonia i got 3 alarms on the dash. No turbo, radar, stop/start, cruise control and traction control. Took the car to the dealer for service, they fixed it (my guess cleaned it and reset the errors) and told it was something to do with condensation and turbo sensor. Now this year 2016 January we had -15 degrees and same thing. Service fixed it and now they put on these tammers, but only the lower ones, not the ones up from license plate, and told it should fix the issue. I hoped it would be something more elegant and not something i need to take off and put on every year.
J11 2015 Qashqai DIG-T 115 Acenta 2WD Xtronic
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

It would appear Nissan are aware of this problem in colder countries otherwise this design would never have been introduced and some Countries Customers given Free Kits to install. You would have thought that Nissan would have seen the light and made Customers aware of this problem before a Major Problem happens. OK I can understand their Logic it costs, but who pays if the engine is seized. This is one very positive point about Forums - Sharing Information ! -Dave ;)
kifler

Post by kifler »

I noticed one more thing with these tammers on. Namely that outside air temperature is showing wrong when tammers are on. Im not 100% sure but it seemed like it shows around 4 degrees more than it actually is. My guess is that the temperature sensor is around behind tammers. Can anyone confirm where the sensor is located? One more thing to be mindful around in these 0 degree weathers and ice on the road.
J11 2015 Qashqai DIG-T 115 Acenta 2WD Xtronic
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

sensor.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Nestormkd

Post by Nestormkd »

I confirm, with tammers on, temperature readouts are with couple of degrees higher than real temperature.
Probably because ambient sensor is behind and not directly exposed on the real temperature.