Electronic Faults

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

In the last month I have experienced some weird electronic Problems that have appeared and then disappeared. I would be grateful if anybody has any reasoning for these faults before I contact our Dealer (still under Guarantee) in the New Year. The weather has been on the cold side down to 6°C and now at 2°C and yesterday one Rear Side Warning Detector went off until I rubbed my warm finger over it - iced up. All these electronic faults have just disappeared by shutting the ignition down and then re-starting - Thanks in Advance any advice will help ! - Dave :?

Here is the description in German & English :
Pics 1 / 2 : German Stopp / Start - Leerlaufstopp-Systemfehler
English Stop / Start - Idle Stop System Error

Pic 3 : GESICHERT - Gerät ist gesperrt. / Grün / Bitte kontaktieren Sie Ihren Händler
Secured device is locked / Green / Please contact your Dealer

Pic 4 : FEB - Forward Emergency Braking Indicator Light Flashing with no Cars in Front

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well as I got no replies on this Problem it looks like other QQ's are all OK. I was at our Dealer's today and showed the Workshop Technician the pics I posted, this guy is around the retirement Age but knows his Business with regards to Nissan Problems. He just asked is the Battery OK and I told him after 2 years we have not had any Problems. His opinion was it's a Battery Problem, so he installed a New Main Battery & a New Battery in the Intelligent Key, both he said have been Problems in the past. So now I have a New Battery on Guarantee and at the first stop the S/S functioned (2°C) - Dave :D

IMG_3173.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Intersting about the battery - my QQ was new september 2015 and not had a problem until today. Took it to be washed and vacuumed by our European friends up the road, and one of them knocked the hazard light switch whilst dusting the dash. It only took them about 10-15 minutes to complete the work, with all 5 doors open and the hazards going. Went to start it and only had clicking sounds - high frequency. Put jump leads on and she started straight away. This was after a 20 minute run as wel, no lights n apart from DRL, so no excuse for the battery to go "flat" in such a short period of time
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Dave,

my QQ Is May 2014 build, and my wife reported stop/start message this afternoon, and a strange noise.

:o

Temperature around 3degC.

I shall see if there's repetition when I drive in the morning.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Sorry Dave, if I'd seen your post I would have said "battery!" because I got lots of weird sporadic electronic errors when mine was dying.

With the new Bosch in it, it's reassuring to go out to the car after a week of not being used, in cold temperatures, and know it will fire up straight away!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Glad it's sorted Dave. Sorry mine is still to new for this sort of thing ! Happy new year
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, I am a bit crazy as I tend to document a lot, each time there is a fault I pop a pic with the iPhone for evidence when speaking to the Dealer. Get the wife to record the faults as evidence as it does helps to explain the error.

Hound, thanks but funnily enough the battery never let me down just these electronic faults popped up.

Bullyboy, thanks, it never was a major problem just an error that came and went it just cleared itself - Dave :D
Gel

Post by Gel »

Have taken a snap Dave, as below, and booked in for Thursday.
"Auto" symbol (arrowed) constantly flashes; Both messages do disappear eventually, but!
:o

Stop Start1.jpg

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, good to see there are similarities, so you have the evidence and I hope it works out for you - Dave ;)
Gel

Post by Gel »

Dave, I half expect dealer to say first time he's come across. :evil:

I believe a specific type of battery test is needed to identify fault in battery; do you happen to know what it's called?

:?: