Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
Craig

Post by Craig »

Good news. Winter's here and my regarded sitcom works. My heated drivers seat has stopped working!!

Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

We had our condenser replace on our 12 month old QQ after three visits to the dealer and umpteen complaints. Following day, my wife intended to leave early for a weekend away with her family, started the car and an engine management warning light came on, she took it straight back to the dealer and the battery was replaced, she started the weekend half a day late and sat in a load of M1 Friday traffic which see intended to avoid. Wasn't very happy to say the least, now the steering is creaking and the heated driver set does not work. Waiting for Nissan approval for the seat and will insisting on the steering being sorted at the next visit. Utter shambles.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Mike Read wrote:We had our condenser replace on our 12 month old QQ after three visits to the dealer and umpteen complaints. Following day, my wife intended to leave early for a weekend away with her family, started the car and an engine management warning light came on, she took it straight back to the dealer and the battery was replaced, she started the weekend half a day late and sat in a load of M1 Friday traffic which see intended to avoid. Wasn't very happy to say the least, now the steering is creaking and the heated driver set does not work. Waiting for Nissan approval for the seat and will insisting on the steering being sorted at the next visit. Utter shambles.
Seems you got all the common faults in on go (well apart from the front parking sensors going off in the rain and the roof rail problem - if you have them). Least once they are sorted you should be good to go for quite a while so hang on in there !
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

I Hope so, this air con problem does concerrn me though. For so many new car air con failures being reported I'm not entirely convince Nissan has manufacturer and rectified the design yet.
Craig

Post by Craig »

My heated seat stopped working after my condenser was changed also! Having it looked at on 29 Dec. everyone I know with a Qashqai is getting rid of it. Key ID incorrect is a regular problem. Tenkna front tyres last about 12k miles and are £250 each.
I just have no confidence in my Qashqai and the customer service is appalling!
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

Hmmm, intersting about you seats issue.
I'm tempted to suggest your front tyre issue might be Suspension alignment or something like that , ours have lasted 22600 MLS so far in a 1.5 cdi Tekna ( 50% motorway use) they've possibly got about another 1000 MLS or so left in them. We've not had the ID key issue, what's that. Oh the Dealer has suggested GT radials next time, half the price, and the AA mobile fit them for around £20 per tyre cheaper than the dealer.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Thanks. Very helpful
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

If you're paying £250 per tyre I will sell you 2 of mine, then I can buy 4 with your monies. Your paying way over the odds. Even for premium.
Craig wrote:My heated seat stopped working after my condenser was changed also! Having it looked at on 29 Dec. everyone I know with a Qashqai is getting rid of it. Key ID incorrect is a regular problem. Tenkna front tyres last about 12k miles and are £250 each.
I just have no confidence in my Qashqai and the customer service is appalling!
Craig

Post by Craig »

The correct tyres are unique to the Tekna. Kwikfit told me to hang on then I could buy others which fit for half the price but if I did it now it might affect the warranty
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Craig wrote:The correct tyres are unique to the Tekna. Kwikfit told me to hang on then I could buy others which fit for half the price but if I did it now it might affect the warranty
This post has shot off at a tangent again, but whilst im here....putting different tyres on your car will not affect your warranty at all. The tyres currently used on new QQs are limited in their availability, but they are not exclusive to the QQ.