Break in

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Red Rooster
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Red Rooster »

58 plate 2.0 l petrol Acenta
2016 1.6 DIG-T Ink Blue
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, Ink Blue
2024 1.3 DIG-T 160 MHEV Tekna with bose and led fog lights.Mag blue Black roof.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Red Rooster, for that price the Jam Sack is definitely worth a try whether it is as good as the one we are using obviously needs testing. When you read the blurb on German Amazon it does mention in fact state it can be used for "Keyless" Cars. Looks like the choice is yours. I just hope this idea helps make our QQ's safer - Dave :)

Here is the UK Amazon blurb if it helps and it is from the same Co. Themis Security as ours - see the comparison comments :

IMG_1718.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Nothing like that would stop them shoving a wire down behind the lock (or whatever they did) though

Update on this: There is no update, I am STILL waiting for them to call me back :roll:

Social media provoked zero response too

What with the never ending issues I've had since new, this will surely be the last Nissan I ever buy :x
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

El Brillante wrote:Nothing like that would stop them shoving a wire down behind the lock (or whatever they did) though

Update on this: There is no update, I am STILL waiting for them to call me back :roll:

Social media provoked zero response too

What with the never ending issues I've had since new, this will surely be the last Nissan I ever buy :x

Your break in is more likely to be mechanical than electronic I also searched the net and found no references to this type of break in on a QQ. I thought it was the type of break in that had been designed out of modern cars, it appears that someone knows their way around the QQ locking system :shock:
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Perhaps this is one way to go, this system is being developed by Continental as it introduces Biometrics to stop vehicles being stolen by the use of a Finger Print. If someone is determined to get into a car that is always possible with of course damage, but stealing it could be another subject now - Dave ;)

http://www.continental-corporation.com/ ... ss_en.html

http://findbiometrics.com/biometric-smart-car-312146
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Or they chop your finger off and use it to open the door
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Unbelievable, same thing happened again today. This time on the way to airport with parents-in-law. Stopped for an hour, middle of the day, nice open, well populated carpark. Came back and door lock handle hanging off again, nothing visibly taken so assumed wind had caught it from previous attempt. Unfortunately, after dropping the parents off they noticed their bags had been opened.. laptop and phone taken.

And still sod all interest from Nissan.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Worrying \ commiserations. Have you asked old Bill if they have seen a pattern of such intrusions?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

There's a local Facebook group, seems to be happening all the time. Police are more interested in sitting on their arse, drinking coffee and eating donuts than finding criminals.

Assume now that the car is being targeted as they know how to easily get in. Frankly shocked how little Nissan are bothered, I assume they think that given the car isn't actually stolen then their security is fine. Bit of a shame that now I can't actually put anything in the car anymore.

I have zero faith in the thing now and it's not exactly been a beautiful two year love affair so time to get shot of it
El Brillante

Post by El Brillante »

Nissan just called, basically they don't care. It's nothing to do with them and they can't/won't do anything about it. They have no solution or interest in finding out how someone can gain access to the car so easily.

What a joke