Stop/Start System - Override module

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As Gel says, I don't understand how the bonnet/hood switch affects the operation of the stop/start system at all, as it is supposedly only connected to the alarm system to prevent unauthorised access to the engine bay.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

LucLisette wrote:I am from belgium. No it does not affect anything. No warning, no records software.....
You can do this because without any problem. I have a QQ 1,6 diesel tekna with everything on it.
JUST DON'T DISCONNECT the sensor, only turn it 90°
Do you have the full Nissan alarm system installed as we do in UK?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
LucLisette

Post by LucLisette »

I don't know your alarm, but the switch will disable start/stop with now problems what so ever. When the hood is open and the switch is not pushed the engine can not stop because a mecanic should have the possibility too work on the car without the engine stopping. You don't have to believe me, just do it and see for yourself.
bobzyer-runkle

Post by bobzyer-runkle »

I tried that last month and kept getting an alarm to say a door was open.

On another thread, "Highland" has just posted the following:-

Hi I also don't like the stop/start on my new 2016 Nissan. Have disconnected the bonnet sensor and repositioned it. The problem is the door not closed alarmed sounds and sometimes the full alarm goes off. Have had to put back the bonnet sensor to original position and now all is well.ie. no alarms but still got the dratted stop start.
LucLisette

Post by LucLisette »

As I said, Do NOT disconnect the bonned switch!!!!!
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

LucLisette wrote:As I said, Do NOT disconnect the bonned switch!!!!!
The switch under the bonnet which allows the mechanic to disable the Stop\Start system so he can work on the engine makes sense!!!!!!!
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
bobzyer-runkle

Post by bobzyer-runkle »

PJB729 wrote:
The switch under the bonnet which allows the mechanic to disable the Stop\Start system so he can work on the engine makes sense!!!!!!!
Surely the mechanic would press the dashboard Stop/Start switch when he turns the ignition on and starts the engine????
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

bobzyer-runkle wrote:
PJB729 wrote:
Surely the mechanic would press the dashboard Stop/Start switch when he turns the ignition on and starts the engine????

So what is the purpose of the switch under the bonnet as described by LucLisette ?
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Spec he has is different I'm certain from standard UK spec; switch is to operate alarm to prevent thieves gaining entry
to engine compartment. Additionally will warn driver if bonnet not fully shut.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
raynorfolk

Post by raynorfolk »

I do a very low mileage in the winter so need to keep the battery topped up. I have a CTEK XS-3600 smart charger to do the job. However I am concerned that leaving the bonnet open whilst charging would cause the open bonnet sensor to trip the alarm. Does anyone have any experience of this? Comments much appreciated.
Ray
2015 Tekna Xtronic 1.2 , Gunmetal , 17in wheels