18,500 miles and counting...NOW UPDATED 45,000 miles

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Cheers Dave - interesting find and read.

Have to say, the QQ is doing a great job - if they could do an all electric one in time for my lease change I'd be taking another without question. That said, I quite like the X-Trail next - just a little bigger

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

rm0rgan, we also find the QQ meets our needs but are always keeping our eyes open. I also like the X-Trail, but as you mentioned it is bigger, but what really caught our eyes last year in Florida was the new Murano we actually thought at first it was a QQ - Dave :)
QQ / Murano / X-Trail :

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
micoclake

Post by micoclake »

Nice review! I'm only at 400 miles at the moment so yet to enjoy some of these problems (although, what I assume is the airbox, has started to rattle).

Best line "the horn is gay".
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

LOL - yes, it has the 'gayest horn' ever - apparently designed so as not to scare or annoy other road users when sounded :-Z
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

micoclake, if you want to change the Horn just enter "Horn" in " Search" and you should find what you need and how to do it - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

So, here we are, the end of my time with the QQ and what a great time we have had over the past 45,000 miles in a little over 28 months...

I generally change my cars every two years and this time was planning on doing a full 3, however, needs must and a new chapter is my car ownership is about to begin with my first electric car (I have ordered a BMW i3Rex) as I can now charge a car for free at work and this means a mostly free commute for when I have to undertake my 200+ round trip to the office...that plus a £3.5k dealership deposit contribution and £4.5 of free government money means I am able to get into electric car ownership at a lower cost than I ever expected - I'll let you know how I get on!

Back to the QQ - what a fantastic car it has been. It has fulfilled every duty I have asked of it in comfort, refinement and with ease. It is no wonder the car has won so many awards - there are so many great things the car does, so let me highlight a few:-

Engine - As I have added the miles, the engine just seems to get better and better in terms of economy, performance and refinement and can see this only improving as the next owner also enjoys the car (more about this in a moment). It's never going to be a sports car off the line and you will always need to stir the box if you need to overtake something but I guess this is what modern economical engines drive like. It's free to tax and sip diesel so against that backdrop you can certainly live with it for a long time!

Economy - Since I got the car I have averaged 55mpg with individual journeys peaking at 70mpg and the worst ever being 43mpg when I was once 5 up, loaded with luggage, a full tank of fuel onboard and on a cold night taking family to the airport - we were late so I wasn't hanging around either so no wonder it suffered! I have genuinely always got more than 550 miles to a tank, and more often than not 600 miles.

Cabin - Still looks great and everyone who has been in it always comments what a nice place it is to be. I had a few rattles early on but none have returned since the dealer fixed them (creaking seat was replaced under warranty) it remains a silent and comfortable place to sit.

Tech - Given just how much there is on this car there are bound to be some odd moments - the occasional 'radar' obscured' and the blind spot assist light coming on with nothing there when raining (you soon ignore it) are probably the only two that stick in my mind. The Bluetooth is still awful compared to others I have used but I tend to use my headphones if I have to take a call in the car, actually preferring to not answer it when driving in any case (I must be getting older!).

Consumables - I've used 6 tyres over 45,000 miles which is about as good as it gets really - 2 sets on the front, 1 set on the rears. Brakes still have more 60 % of their wear remaining.

Bodywork - probably the only thing that lets the car down is the paint quality. It easily swirls and marks but with some love and care can be brought up to a high level of shine with the right polishes (Maguires quick wax is superb for topping up their proper wax). The metal is also quite weak and can easily be dinged in carparks (running boards help here to give you some protection from other car doors). Mud flaps are essential to stop the back of the car simply collecting as much road grime it can!

So there we have it - the car is off to its new owner next week who I hope enjoys it as much as I have. He contacted me on here and is having it for his wife - roll on Jan when I take delivery of my German electric milk float - in the meantime, have a great Xmas and New Year everyone (and hurry up Nissan and build us an all electric or serial hybrid QQ!!!)
jet

Post by jet »

Thank you, rm0rgan, for the extensive review and your contribution to this forum over the years!

I hope you enjoy your new eToy and remember that you will be always welcome here!

Happy Holidays!
1.5 dCi MT Premium
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Thanks jet - seasons greetings to you!