Soon to be a QQ owner

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bros

Post by Bros »

Lol,
I love the electronic handbrake it is just so easy.
Missus found it very strange for sometime though.
Just remember make sure you car has come to a stop before you apply the brake. If the car is moving at all and you apply the brake it will come to abrupt fierce halt.
Great at junctions, hills etc, just take off and it releases itself automatically.
The 360 camera is amazing, makes parking a doddle even very tricky spaces.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I think I'm going to have to read the handbook there's so many toys.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Does anyone know what speed the electronic handbrake will work at? I'm hoping it cant be activated above say 5mph? Imagine if it could be applied at 60 or 70 mph! it would be a disaster.
Bros wrote:Lol,
I love the electronic handbrake it is just so easy.
Missus found it very strange for sometime though.
Just remember make sure you car has come to a stop before you apply the brake. If the car is moving at all and you apply the brake it will come to abrupt fierce halt.
Great at junctions, hills etc, just take off and it releases itself automatically.
The 360 camera is amazing, makes parking a doddle even very tricky spaces.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

been thinking the same myself

you would have thought there would be a speed input signal
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Just reading through the manual it does appear that the electronic handbrake can be applied whilst moving, the manual is silent about any maximum\minimum speeds however if you needed to stop in an emergency I suppose checking the speed would be the last of your worries. :shock:

From the manual
If the electric parking brake must be applied while driving in an emergency, pull up and hold the parking brake switch. When you release the parking brake switch, the parking brake will be released.

While pulling up the electric parking brake switch while driving, the parking brake is applied and a chime sounds. The parking brake indicator light in the meter and in the parking brake switch illuminate. This does not indicate a malfunction. The electric parking brake indicator lights in the meter and in the parking brake switch turn off when the parking brake is released.

Pull up the electric parking brake switch twice so that the maximum electric parking brake force is applied to the vehicle. • When pulling the electric parking brake switch up with the ignition switch in the OFF or ACC position, the parking brake switch indicator light will continue to illuminate for a short period of time.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Personally I like this system it is so easy to use and takes up no space, but as Bros mentioned never switch it on when "Rolling" as it really reacts and can throw you forward pretty damn hard. I have never read if this can be applied at high speeds and I suppose thinking about it would you really do this even with a conventional Handbrake, for a handbrake turn OK possibly yes :D . Take a look if interested at this writeup of how a electronic parking brake works and the Nissan Manual comments for help - Dave :)

https://www.carwow.co.uk/guides/glossar ... -explained

IMG_1691.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
switchback

Post by switchback »

If only Nissan had mounted the switch a couple of inches back it would be better for me. I find it a bit of a stretch to operate .................perhaps I've got short arms and long legs?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
benchmark

Post by benchmark »

switchback wrote:If only Nissan had mounted the switch a couple of inches back it would be better for me. I find it a bit of a stretch to operate .................perhaps I've got short arms and long legs?
Me too, so I must be short too :(
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Picked up my new Mag Red QQ 1.5cdi Tekna this afternoon, very nice indeed, it was too dark for a photo after I had populated the sat nav, got the phone working and pressed every button and turned every knob available, tomorrow I might even glance at the instructions. :)

Is it worth registering for Nissan Connect?