2016 Qashqai problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Bullyboy wrote:Jay surely they should change it for free knowing your issues !
Unfortunately a dealer won't do anything for free hence their offer which in my opinion is all about them taking more of my money!

There has been some slight development...

I had moan on a Nissan page on face book and my wife left a review on the dealer's Facebook page.

The next day I had Nissan customer services call me, not my case manager but someone at MD level. I also had a call from the guy who runs social media for the dealer.....I've no idea what will happen but I'll update if and when.

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Jay keep us posted. Maybe a ray of light !
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
jay70

Post by jay70 »

I had a call from the dealers yesterday telling me that they have been talking to Nissans legal department subject to rejecting and replacing my car. That sounded promising until I had a call from Nissan customer services(MD level) half hour later saying that they are still waiting for info from the dealers........I've still no idea where this is going.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Jay70 If I had read the problems you have experienced before I placed my order for my QQ Tekna I would probably be looking forward to a nice new Volvo or Mazda now.

We all know that sometimes there are problems and issues but its the manner in which those issues and problems are sorted out that sets a company apart from the rest. I have already posted that I had an Audi that, from new, spent more time back with the dealer than it did with me, Audi simply took the car back, the dealer said to me that Audi's view was that they don't sell bad cars.

Just shows the confidence Audi had in their product, going to be interesting to see what Nissan do, fingers crossed they do the right thing for you and their reputation.
Last edited by PJB729 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

PJB729 wrote:Jay70 If I had read the problems you have experienced before I placed my order for my QQ Tekna I would probably be looking forward to a nice new Volvo or Mazda now.

We all know that sometimes there are problems and issues but its the manner in which those issues and problems are sorted out that sets a company apart from the rest. I have already posted that I had a Audi that, from new, spent more time back with the dealer than it did with me, Audi simply took the car back, the dealer said to me that Audi's view was that they don't sell bad cars.

Just shows the confidence Audi had in their product, going to be interesting to see what Nissan do, fingers crossed they do the right thing for you and their reputation.
I've just re-read the thread and I too would reconsider a new QQ if I was looking to buy one based on what it contains. This is the first car I've bought new, mainly because of the depreciation hit and it's really soured the taste, I think in future I'll stick to low mileage one owner cars.....Oh well, we love and learn.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

I've had a call from Nissan today, they have finally agreed to reject the car which is great news for me. I'm not sure of the procedure but someone from Nissan is going to call tomorrow so I guess I'll find out where we go from here..
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Excellent news for all of us, it's good that Nissan stands behind the quality of their product, it must be a big relief for you, let us know what happens. :)
Bros

Post by Bros »

Good news, well done for hanging in there it couldn't have been easy for you.
Let's hope now you get the proper monies/car.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jay, well done in sticking to your Guns. It just goes to show that Nissan Management can make good decisions when necessary or needed and it looks like you went through the correct procedures or comments to get the right decisions made. Let's hope you end up with a good offer and get down to enjoying a new QQ - Best of Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Jay70

Any updates!