Poor heat to feet

Bodywork & Interior problems
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Hi

Ive only had my car for 2 weeks , and I have noticed that the heat output to the feet is poor ( not at all like the face vents )

I set the fan st speed 3 or 4 ( segments ) , both left and right temperatures is set to HI , air con off , and the temperature to the footwells is luke warm

Is this right when the face vents are so hot when selected ?

In my other cars - of other brands - hot meant hot and I had to turn the settings down , but not this car.
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am not trying to be smart, but does this attachment help you - Dave ;)

IMG_1560.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Many thanks but it's a lack of temperature to my feet that is the problem

Come to think of it the air flow is poor too
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Assuming you bought new suggest visiting your dealer asap; it maybe a hose has become disconnected or an air lock.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Coupe racing wrote:Many thanks but it's a lack of temperature to my feet that is the problem

Come to think of it the air flow is poor too
Mine is the same and has been from new. It comes through moderately in the footwell and toasty warm out tge dash vents. The fan speed drops a notch when only on the footwell setting. The footwell vents are considerably smaller than the dash vents so I suppose thats why the fan speed is reduced along with the heat to prevent burning your lower leg, remembering that these lower vents canot be adjusted either for direction or airflow.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Nissan Customer Services ( Stuart ) and the dealer are now involved.
Doubt much will get done , even myself , in my capacity with another car manufacturer seems to be advising them of the problem and the fix.

Will advise soon if there is a solution
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Coupe... / gvmdaddy, Gel could have a relevant point regarding piping or vent exits blocked for example. Have you had a new Condenser installed in your QQ's yet because the temps seem to be much warmer than before and my co-driver has this cold feet Syndrom also.
Today is DIY Shop day so driving there I thought I would just set the temps to 24*C (0*C Outside) / AC "OFF" / Foot Air Control "ON" / Max Fan Speed and when I put my hands near to the lower Vents both sides the Hot Air was blasting out. When my co-driver got in she immediately turned the Fan Speed down and opened the window - too hot !. These comments might not be relevant to your problems but interesting - Dave ;)

IMG_3250.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Thank you for sharing your experiences however I see that your car is a petrol model and mine is a diesel.
The dealer informs me that the two cars have heating systems that works in different ways in so much as the diesel solely relies on the engine thermostat to regulate the water temperature.
As I feel that because the thermostat opens at 83 degrees then the engine is over cooled to a degree and as a result the cabin temperature suffers .
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Coupe..... Sorry I tried - Dave :oops:
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

And it was most welcome