Can't fine LED 55W to replace current bulbs

ICE, Equipment, Options
Arshad07

Post by Arshad07 »

Hi there guys,

This is my first post on this forum. Please excuse if it's in the wrong section.

I want to change my currently halogen bulbs to White LED. I have been looking around and I can't seem to find any LED 6000k at 55W - most of them are lower than 55W. )I don't want HIDs for now)

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks
Nissan QASHQAI+2 Acenta Dci 2WD (110), 1461CC Diesel - 62 Plate

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Arschad, try using the " Search" facility for any questions you have as there are a lot of previous facts there.
Take a look at this attachment it might help you - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1812&hilit=LED+55w+bulbs#p19947
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Arshad07

Post by Arshad07 »

Thank you very much for this. But they are talking about fitting a H11 bulb in the place of a H9/H7 with modifications.

I am actually looking to upgrade my headlights to White LED 6000k (not HIDs), and I cant seem to find any.
Nissan QASHQAI+2 Acenta Dci 2WD (110), 1461CC Diesel - 62 Plate
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

It really isn't as simple as swapping the bulbs. A halogen bulb's filament has a very small and precisely aligned area where the light is produced and the headlamp's lens and reflector are designed around this. An led bulb is a completely different configuration that doesn't have the same sort of intense hot spot so they have to have a totally different reflector and lens arrangement. You'd have to change the entire headlamp assembly along with having the right control modules and any other bits needed to make it street legal.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
switchback

Post by switchback »

What about these....................http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-a ... AsOn8P8HAQ

Or at least whatever fitment is correct for your car.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I have previously purchased an LED upgrade (bad mistake) H4 Bulbs and there is a problem that I think all of these upgrades will have.

A halogen bulb will spread light in just about every direction from a small focal point inside the light unit, your light reflector is designed to focus the light into a beam from that point.

The problem
LED bulbs sit on a flat surface that also has to dissipate the heat. So, an absolute minimum u will need 2 LEDs Back to back. The trouble is you then cant remove the heat in this configuration. Sandwich a heat conductor between them & the light source moves away from the focal point. This leads to a beam that dazzles oncoming traffic.

I have seen LED upgrade bulbs that have a lens in the front, that in theory should fix this issue, but i've never tried them.

On the Mini (New shape) forums there are instructions to do a LED or HID conversion. Its very time consuming & involves dismantling the whole light unit to insert a HID / LED module. The results are great, but it takes a lot of time and patience.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

I have fitted LED bulbs.
Straight swap = no wiring - took 5 mins

Rated at 6000K , so a white light , and 4000 lumens each.
The beam pattern is retained and I had the alignment checked and it was fine.

The LED bulbs work well as the J11 is fitted with projector headlamps , so other drivers wont get dazzled.

I have attached a picture , and you can see the difference to the car in front.

IMG_3893.jpg

Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

That's quite interesting, what lamps did you fit for the conversion? I'm assuming they're brighter than the filament bulbs, but by how much, and is the beam cut off reasonably sharp?
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

The beam pattern is identical
The light is white as you can see.
Driving is now a lot easier at night.

I used these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391537203251? ... EBIDX%3AIT

The fans do hum slightly , but not much , and despite the pictures in the advert , the plug connections are correct.

I will be replacing the H7 main beams soon as they are almost redundant.

If you go searching , bearing in mind you dont need bulbs that have the little in line box as the J11 is not CANBUS , and there is no bulb failure warning.
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Fascinating..... I might give those a try, they're not hugely expensive. I suspect the led will outlive the cooling fan, but only by a couple of minutes :lol: