Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
hothead

Post by hothead »

Still waiting for my new condenser, 4 months now. Nissan still unable to say when the condenser will arrive with Westway Aldershot.

MonkeyKong

Post by MonkeyKong »

MonkeyKong wrote:Hi All,

I am now another nissan owner with this same problem.

We have taken it into the dealership who are now saying they will only investigate by charging us £169 for a full regas.
Should I go ahead with this without receiving a guarantee that Nissan will cover this cost?

I understand from reading through this board there is now an official recall on all new qashqais on Air Con.
Is there a link to this or a reference that I can use when talking with the dealership?

Do you advise I contact Nissan Customer Services immediately? The dealership are dragging their heals and refusing to confirm whether they will pay - giving the usual "regas isn't covered".

Any advice would be gratefully received!

EDIT:

Nissan QQ 63 plate, bought second hand from dealership (had it for three weeks)

Thank you all for your responses. As an update, I took it to one Nissan Dealership (who I won't name) who told me there was nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I then took it to my original dealership and they diagnosed a faulty condenser and have now put one on order for me.

The first dealership are apparently renowned for being awful and I intend to complain about them. Worth reporting them to Nissan HQ?
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

MonkeyKong wrote:
MonkeyKong wrote:Hi All,

I am now another nissan owner with this same problem.

We have taken it into the dealership who are now saying they will only investigate by charging us £169 for a full regas.
Should I go ahead with this without receiving a guarantee that Nissan will cover this cost?

I understand from reading through this board there is now an official recall on all new qashqais on Air Con.
Is there a link to this or a reference that I can use when talking with the dealership?

Do you advise I contact Nissan Customer Services immediately? The dealership are dragging their heals and refusing to confirm whether they will pay - giving the usual "regas isn't covered".

Any advice would be gratefully received!

EDIT:

Nissan QQ 63 plate, bought second hand from dealership (had it for three weeks)

Thank you all for your responses. As an update, I took it to one Nissan Dealership (who I won't name) who told me there was nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I then took it to my original dealership and they diagnosed a faulty condenser and have now put one on order for me.

The first dealership are apparently renowned for being awful and I intend to complain about them. Worth reporting them to Nissan HQ?
I think you would be wasting your time. Nissan need dealers so they will ALWAYS treat them as number 1 ... even if they are crap !
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Always worthwhile venting your views as someone will be responsible for overseeing their dealer network.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Finally had my condensor replaced today. Have now been told an oil leak has been detected and have had to book it in for the TWO days it will take to correct. One to do it and one to wait until it is checked. Fortunate its also under warranty. Whilst there I again mentioned front sensors come on for no reason. Usually after rain fall He said they have s few others but as Nissan are still working on a resolution there is no official recall. I said I was thinking of contacting NCS to at least get a code number. He said I could try that. On way home the front sensors are now coming on every time I move off. Are the two things somehow connected -new con replacement wiring ?
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Good that your condenser has been done. Don't know of any oil leaks on mine -assume you mean engine or gearbox?. Front sensors come on randomly on my Qashqai also. Also the lights on the mirror to tell You someone is behind come on often when its wet. I've also been told Nissan are working on this- I think not.
My condenser has also arrived now. Being done on 27th. I have a collapsed hose on the inlet side of the compressor. I've asked for this to be changed but I've been told they will see!
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Nissan will be "working on these issues" until a new model of the QQ comes out. Then it will all be swept under the proverbial carpet.

I see this all the time in the tech world. In fact I am still waiting for Philips to write a firmware update for my 32" CRT freeview telly 16 years later ...

I insisted that the drainage holes were drilled underneath my front parking sensors and thats fixed that problem (well 99% of the time) and I have learned to live with the blind spot indicators flashing for no reason and I use the connect system in a bare minimum way after accepting that the apps they promised will never materialise and scrolling through artists in painfully slow (I have an ipod attached) :(
redqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by redqashqai »

Lanstrom wrote: I see this all the time in the tech world. In fact I am still waiting for Philips to write a firmware update for my 32" CRT freeview telly 16 years later ...
Love it. New tech must have the most rapid fall in value from highly desirable to obsolescence since the birth of mankind.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
MarkC0306

Post by MarkC0306 »

I've browsed this with interest - my condenser finally fixed in October after raising in June. 16 weeks exactly I waited. No info from dealer, I raised complaint with Nissan suggesting a token gesture of compensation for 4 months of waiting, had a very corporate response which is as another poster wrote that the car wasn't unusable so there is no chance of anything. Utter rubbish customer care from a company that made 1.33 billion dollars last quarter. Last time this happened the manufacturer offered free service with no pushing. I have nothing but contempt now for nissans so called customer care. Custom lost when I replace next year.
RDJ718

Post by RDJ718 »

I had re gas done back in July of this year which cost £275.00, my unit failed again two weeks ago, guess what it's the condenser, made a complaint to customer care, a full refund for the re gas and car is going back in this Wednesday for a new condenser. Happy Days