exhaust valve

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
davepool

Post by davepool »

Hi there hoping someone can help, I have a 2ltr petrol 07 plate Tekna 47k, the problem started about 8 month ago we was on the motor way and the engine light came on when we got it back to the garage they said it was the coil pack and spark plug so they have been fixed and everything was ok. so now engine light back on and it has been in the garage for 4 days they aint 100% on the fault but said they think it is the exhaust valve and to replace that the engine has to come out and in total with all other bits we be about 1.5k, the car feels like its running on 3 cylinders and when you put your foot down there aint to much power, all help very much appreciated. ta

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

A fault with the exhaust valve will show with a cylinder pressure test & maybe an inspection using a borescope. I would ask how they made the diagnosis. Although I dont know this engine, as all the work would be on the head its unlikely the engine has to come out. I smell a rat.

So first is to get the cylinder pressure tested.

You should find out what the engine fault code is, i'm sure someone here can tell u what the code means.

davepool wrote:Hi there hoping someone can help, I have a 2ltr petrol 07 plate Tekna 47k, the problem started about 8 month ago we was on the motor way and the engine light came on when we got it back to the garage they said it was the coil pack and spark plug so they have been fixed and everything was ok. so now engine light back on and it has been in the garage for 4 days they aint 100% on the fault but said they think it is the exhaust valve and to replace that the engine has to come out and in total with all other bits we be about 1.5k, the car feels like its running on 3 cylinders and when you put your foot down there aint to much power, all help very much appreciated. ta
davepool

Post by davepool »

2007 tanka petrol
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Thats your car model, not the fault code thrown up by the ECU
davepool wrote:2007 tanka petrol
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Maybe the fault is caused by the car having a "2007 tanka petrol".
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
davepool

Post by davepool »

That helps, no it's not the code I'll try find that out from the garage