2015 Tekna 19" alloy wheels

Buy and Sell your QQ stuff here!
Bumpaverse

Post by Bumpaverse »

Dear members / visitors

I have a 2015 Tekna with 19" alloys and am finding the ride is rough on bumpy roads compared to other cars with higher profile tyres. Hence I am thinking of changing the wheels to 17", but this will set me back £1400 in total. Is anyone interested in buying the 19" alloys and / or tyres? Three are in factory condition, one has a minor scratch. Pickup can be from either Hampshire or Dorset. Price is negotiable. I will consider a no-cost part exchange for 17" alloys/wheels.

Your sincerely

Bumpaverse

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Have you considered just increasing the profile size of the tyres to gain comfort? The circumference of the type will slightly increase with the added fact that your speedo will have increased accuracy as most speedo's over read by 3 - 4 mph. I went from 205/40 17 on the mini cooper s to 205/45 17 and the speedo was nearly spot on to GPS speed and had increased noise reduction and comfort.
Bumpaverse wrote:Dear members / visitors

I have a 2015 Tekna with 19" alloys and am finding the ride is rough on bumpy roads compared to other cars with higher profile tyres. Hence I am thinking of changing the wheels to 17", but this will set me back £1400 in total. Is anyone interested in buying the 19" alloys and / or tyres? Three are in factory condition, one has a minor scratch. Pickup can be from either Hampshire or Dorset. Price is negotiable. I will consider a no-cost part exchange for 17" alloys/wheels.

Your sincerely

Bumpaverse
S_J_P

Post by S_J_P »

Daewar wrote:Have you considered just increasing the profile size of the tyres to gain comfort? The circumference of the type will slightly increase with the added fact that your speedo will have increased accuracy as most speedo's over read by 3 - 4 mph. I went from 205/40 17 on the mini cooper s to 205/45 17 and the speedo was nearly spot on to GPS speed and had increased noise reduction and comfort
I have to say I'd be extremely cautions with taking this approach as the legality and safety of such a change may be questionable! A change from a 40 to 45 aspect equates to a 10% speedo error.

The only viable way to change aspect ratios is to also reduce the tyre width, so going to a 205x50 should work but its unlikely to give any improved comfort as the side wall's virtually the same depth.

Perhaps a cushion would be a cheaper alternative?
Gun-Metal DiG-T 140 Tekna Arrived 19-03-19
Gun-Metal 1.2 DiG-T N-Connecta [Comfort & Heat Packs] Arrived 27-05-16
Bumpaverse

Post by Bumpaverse »

Thank you both.

The only way I can legally increase the aspect ratio is by reducing the R diameter to accommodate a higher sidewall, and thereby maintain the same overall (outer diameter).

Hence my plan to swap my 19" alloys to Tekna factory 17" ones. Anyone has experience of doing this on the Qashqai: does it soften the ride?

I am also looking to sell or swap my 19" alloys, if there are any takers out there.
Deleted User 3871

What law says u cant increase your wheel diameter / aspect ratio?
Bumpaverse wrote:Thank you both.

The only way I can legally increase the aspect ratio is by reducing the R diameter to accommodate a higher sidewall, and thereby maintain the same overall (outer diameter).

Hence my plan to swap my 19" alloys to Tekna factory 17" ones. Anyone has experience of doing this on the Qashqai: does it soften the ride?

I am also looking to sell or swap my 19" alloys, if there are any takers out there.
Last edited by Deleted User 3871 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 3871

Sorry to be argumentative, but your wrong here. What I did was actually increase the accuracy of my speedo, i've done it & have checked it. My Mini went from 57/56 mph to 59mph at a true 60mph(GPS).

This did improve the ride & noise inside the cabin, the downside was the steering was less precise and more vague. So be prepared for a similar effect when anyone downsizes those 19" wheels.

I have to agree about the pillow though, its going to be cheaper no matter what idea you decide upon, unless maybe you reduce the tyre pressure say by 5 - 10 psi knowing that u will get poorer fuel consumption, increased heat buildup, sloppy handling etc, but for sure a softer ride.
S_J_P wrote:
I have to say I'd be extremely cautions with taking this approach as the legality and safety of such a change may be questionable! A change from a 40 to 45 aspect equates to a 10% speedo error.

The only viable way to change aspect ratios is to also reduce the tyre width, so going to a 205x50 should work but its unlikely to give any improved comfort as the side wall's virtually the same depth.

Perhaps a cushion would be a cheaper alternative?
RVW

Post by RVW »

J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I got a cheap set of nissan 17" alloy wheels on ebay for my winter tyres when I bought my car 2 years ago.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

It seems you can't go from the OEM 225/45R19 tyres to 225/50R19 since they're not listing at tyre websites - eg I've tried at http://www.mytyres.co.uk

You can go to 225/55R19 but that increases the rolling diameter by 45mm and the speedometer change is -6.16% - that may be too much for legality? Clearance would also have to be checked as would insurance company acceptability. There's also only one tyre listing with a W speed rating - a make I've never heard of: Gripmax Stature HT

I'm going to stay with the original size and fit Dunlop Sport Maxx RT when the current default Continentals wear down a bit more
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Plumey

Post by Plumey »

Hi Gloucester,

I have just picked up my qashqai, it's got 17's on it with plenty of tire trend. Are you still considering swapping your 19's to 17's? If so I could send you pictures etc?