Soon to be a QQ owner

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

Hello everyone,

My name is Dan, and I'm soon to become a new QQ owner, just as the most of you here.
I've been lurking the forum for quite a while, but finally decided to become a member. As a future QQ owner ... it only makes sense :)

I currently drive a Clio 3 limited edition, which overall is an amazing car to drive and own. However, after 10 years, time has come to move up to something more suitable for my age and current needs - hehe :) . Don't get me wrong, I love my MK3 Clio and would probably never sell it ...
But, after long consideration, and targeting cars from quite a wide range, I ended up chosing the MK2 QQ. Looking for a smooth, spacious family car, economical and comfortable to run I came up to the following top:
- Nissan Qashqai 2014, VW Tiguan 2016, Kia Carens, VW Touran 2015, Skoda Octavia Scout, Skoda Octavia VRS (yes ... a bit out of this pattern), Toyota Avensis, Toyota RAV4, Kia Sportage, Ford C-Max, Ford Mondeo 2016, Ford Kuga, Mazda CX-5, Mazda 6, Hyundai Tucson, Skoda Yeti ... and many other models, all in the same price range here where I live (Cz).

Making an evaluation based on 40% general/studied opinions and 60% personal feeling, the car that managed to fully capture my interest was (surprisingly) the new QQ. A car that doesn't say much on the outside, but inside it's just pure pleasure: decent materials used on a classic and simple design, excellent seats and driving stile, with decent trunk and rear seat space. Compare that with a very well thought engine range and price, and you can get a pretty good deal on your hands. My chosen Tekna model equipped with a 1.6 DIG-T engine was somewhere around 23.000 Euros, which is not that bad for this kind of car. Somewhat disappointed on the lack of flexibility to select your optionals, I'm overall happy with the given price - therefore went for the Tekna model (heated windshield & no panoramic roof).

Although scared a bit on the reliability side, mostly after reading this forum, I'm still looking for the delivery that is supposed to happen in 1 month.

I want to thank everyone here for the amount of information shared and the support given through this forum. It is invaluable and highly appreciated. Thanks to you, picking up my new car is now going to be a long and meticulous procedure, and not just a sign in / sign out time, based on real expectations and standards and not just dreams.
Thank you all!

Danko
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, welcome and it seems you have made a nice choice of QQ with a very nice price. If you have time post a few pics and let us know how things go with your QQ. There are good and bad comments on every Forum, you have made your choice so think Positive and enjoy your time with the 1,6L QQ - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lola

Post by lola »

Well Dan I won't advice you to buy a QQ this cars are not reliable. The cvt gearboxes are notorious for falling prematurely. I'm going through a nightmare with my qq plate 2012 and with a mileage of 25 k the gearbox has failed and Nissan refused to help stating that the car is no longer under warranty. In USA and Canada they have already extended the warranty period for 5years because of that. Nissan uk even though they are aware of the issues associated with the cvt they are refusing to take any liability. Think twice before you buy the qq
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

Thanks for the comments,

@ DaveBerlin - That's a good advice indeed, I'll take that !
For sure I'll add some pics and impressions once I will get it. Thanks to this forum, I know have quite a big "check-up" list to take with me at the dealer when picking up my car, and hopefully no defects will be discovered :geek:
Also, from time to time I travel to Berlin as I have some close friends there, so we can even exchange impressions in person at some point ;)

@ lola - I'm sorry to hear that something like that happened to you, I've been following your post. :(
Unfortunately this is not specific to QQ or Nissan, but to every car out there. Had a friend who bought a brand new VW Passat and the engine literally blew off within its first 3000 km damaging the car completely .... does that make VW a bad car? No, and as unfortunate as it was, VW is till a good car that I would buy anytime (if I get to like it first 8-) )
Among many others, one of the reasons why I went for a new car is the warranty, which for my J11 QQ I plan to extend to 5 years 8-)
I am indeed concerned a bit on the reliability of the new QQ following this forum complaints, as the issues seem consistent in some areas, but yet again, this model is being sold in hundreds of thousands of units compared to 100 complaints I've seen, and I do not believe that someone will make an account on this forum just to brag about their new & amazing car. Usually people come here with problems or advice. I remember a similar situation with my Clio 3 ... and a forum filled with complaints, yet my little one is 10y old and can easily take another 15 with no issues ...
I wish you best of luck on solving your issue, hopefully you will get a much better deal than that 7k bill - fingers crossed - and when you solve it, please let us know the details and impressions so we can learn from it.

Cheers!
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso
lola

Post by lola »

Thank you dankogranko. Good luck with your car
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

lola, I appreciate you have a problem with your J10 CVT Gearbox and it needs repairing at a cost, but I think some comments have already been mentioned on this regarding non Nissan Dealer, Second Hand, Out of Guarantee etc. Every time I open up the QQ Forum now it is more like a "lola Forum". Your comments on the same subject or running down Nissan to put people off buying QQ's is really negative because I am sure people on this Forum are old enough to assess and make their own decisions on buying a QQ or not from the detailed (negative / positive) information here on the Forum. I am sure you will understand my comment - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lola

Post by lola »

Good luck with your car
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Hey Dave - think your Inbox is full! Been trying to send you a sheep! :)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

SEAT ATECA is a must to look at. Think this will be my next car. VW Tigan in different clothes.
Simmo
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I have looked at the Ateca's pics, it certainly looks nice, and has the around-view cameras that I have, being disabled, found so useful on the QQ. The competition is starting to hot up!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic