New boy, Tekna 1.2

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Colin Parkinson

Post by Colin Parkinson »

New to this forum, thinking of ordering a Qashqai on the Motability scheme. Dealership salesman is pointing me in the direction of the Tekna 1.2 petrol. I know it has a great spec but is it gutsy enough? Motability options are a bit restrictive. For someone who only does about 6000 miles a year, mainly around town but some 3 hour motorway journeys is the Tekna 1.2 punchy enough? Look forward to comments and guidance from 1.2 owners.
Thanks
CP

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Copy your post to the 'Introductions' page then delete this one to keep the site tidy. Youll soo get some comments and advice.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Colin, welcome to the Forum. We have had a QQ Tekna now for 2 years after a 1,6L Juke Tekna and was worried about the drop to a 1,2L Turbo, but after a Test Weekend we decided to buy one and have never looked back since after 2 years of motoring with a similiar mileage to you. Like you most of our Travel is in and around the City (Berlin) but we have done some long runs and are totally happy even though some faults have had to be put right under Guarantee. You do have to give the turbo engine a few revs to get it moving in the lower gears and use the gearbox but you soon get into a rhythm - Buy it and Enjoy it Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I test drove the 1.2 but felt that although the engine is great, I needed something with a bit more grunt for hills and motorways. I went with the 1.6dCi, which was the only other auto option, and N-tec+ (now N-Connecta) as there's no auto Tekna model on Motability except the 1.2. I also do about 6000 a year, and the diesel's been quite happy. Not sure if the 1.5dCi would be quite as forgiving, but it's currently quite a good deal on Motability - £599 advance for the Tekna manual.

If you live somewhere pretty flat, and don't do motorway speeds all that often, that little 1.2 petrol engine will surprise you - although it's a good bit thirstier than Nissan would have you believe.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Colin Parkinson

Post by Colin Parkinson »

Thank you both for the feedback. Had a test drive today and loved the 1.2 automatic tekna and ordered one.
Thanks again.
CP
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Great, we look forward to pics when it arrives! :)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic