Roof Rail marks puzzling

Bodywork & Interior problems
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Mine done this week again too; hoping it doesn't now fail in 2017, when outside of the warranty :)
Last edited by Gel on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Dw350zQQ

Post by Dw350zQQ »

Started on my Sept 15 QQ IN April

Gun Metal Grey J11 2015 Qashqai 1.6 DIG-T Tekna. Chrome wing mirrors. Crossover pack. Chrome front lip. Chrome rear tail gate trim.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

That looks pretty horrible. What is amazing to me is the Reaction or No Reaction to this by Nissan & The Supplier. This problem started off in April 14 by a Post from Gel and it would appear has never been solved. OK now only the End Caps are changed which is not a high cost item (Plastic) but it is just the inconvenience and time lost again by visiting the Dealer. Incidentally I noticed it has started coming back on our QQ also. Living out here I did talk to NCS UK about this problem gave them the forum Info' and the Facts and guess what never heard a Peep since - Dave :oops:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Oh dear Dave, same as me & others I expect.
It would be nice to think Nissan had rooted out problem & changed the spec, but am not that hopeful.
The original fix, whereby they changed the complete roof rails, must have cost a fortune which either Nissan, or more likely it's supplier paid...unless an in house manufactured product.
Strange how it seems to take around a year to develop.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Had mine changed last year but the replacements are still the same. 2nd service soon so have mentioned it when it goes in.
Simmo
BobCar

Post by BobCar »

Hi

Had my end caps replaced after just under 2 years The original ones did start to "craze" quite soon after I bought the car although I stuck with them until they got really bad

The new set seem a lot better thank goodness but a shame they did not get it right in the first place

Good luck with everyone getting the replacements sorted as this is clearly an issue I got my cay in June 2014
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Another issue I have with my QQ, originally only noticed one when the sun was shining on it last week, but on washing & checking all 4 they are all affected to some degree (the one I spotted last week being the worst).

I'd already mentioned the one I'd spotted to the dealer as my car is going back in for a couple of other things next week, but their response was that they'd check it, photograph it & send off to Nissan for a warranty claim (if they deem fit)...but I can be done without the car having to go back in or be stuck in waiting for them to make a decision or supply parts.

Anyone know if these caps are still on back order? I waited ages for the Condensor for my X Trail, which ironically arrived on Fri, too late to be any use to me.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Teknaman, you should insure that you have pics of the defects and notify NCS in writing if not done so before. This way will result in you becoming a NCS No. and this is your reference to chase Nissan through the Dealer. When our's was changed we had new Rails & Caps installed but now I believe they change only the Caps which is a quick job. We got our's in a week but now the problem could be bigger like the Condenser - Best of Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Thanks DaveBerlin, I need to get those pics sorted first (just need a sunny day !)
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
RDJ718

Post by RDJ718 »

Car going in this Wednesday for my second batch in 12 months, luckily under warranty.