Qashqai reliability

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

I'm thinking to buy a new Tekna 2016 QQ and wondering if all the issues that have been told in the thread have been fixed since most of the people are talking about 2014-2015 models? Haven't even seen a good review for 2016 either.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

First off all it depends on what you are calling 'issues' and its a bit too soon to report on reliability etc for a 2016 model.
To be honest the QQ wouldnt be such a poular best selling car if it had major biuld or reliability problems. The problems that do get discussed, although a problem for those concerned, are few and far between.
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

gvmdaddy wrote:First off all it depends on what you are calling 'issues' and its a bit too soon to report on reliability etc for a 2016 model.
To be honest the QQ wouldnt be such a poular best selling car if it had major biuld or reliability problems. The problems that do get discussed, although a problem for those concerned, are few and far between.
True. It just that I have been reading alot of "issues" through the forum and have been many same issues over and over again like sound from the tires, NAV and stop/start button. but yeah. Its hard to say. I dont know how bad it is aswell because if something gives a issue for exempel the NAV doesn't work or something else. Do I need to pay to get it fixed by Nissan or does it come with warranty?
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

tihis is not just about feedback on this blog.

it is the case that consumer association "which" reliability reviews gave the first generation qq 4 stars i think , but the j11 gets just 2 stars .

that is a massive drop .
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

jackdaww wrote:tihis is not just about feedback on this blog.

it is the case that consumer association "which" reliability reviews gave the first generation qq 4 stars i think , but the j11 gets just 2 stars .

that is a massive drop .

Hm.. so how do you think about j11 2016 in that case? Do you recommend buying it or something else?
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

its possible the latest qq's may be better, many issues may have been resolved for current production.

my own petrol xtronic has given no trouble so far (4500 MILES) but i have less confidence in the new aspects - ie small turbo engine , more complex xtronic .

i have also been unimpressed by nissan dealer response to a towbar wiring issue i have .
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

Whats the difference between a late 2014 Tekna and a 2016 Tekna? A few quirks may have been changed but I wasn't aware there was even a slight facelift or feature change?

I have had my 2014 1.6 DCI X-tronic a month now and its perfectly purring. Yeah the start-stop works a dream when you get used to it and slapping the door card fixed a rattle :). No problems here, in fact I prefer it over my Civic EX. And its not shabby in terms of lead-foot either.

A guy at my office races meganes and his comments on the engine (which is the same in the QQ) are that they are bullet proof. One thing to note, and ill be doing it soon, is get the damn thing remapped. Cars are built for global conditions and temperature, if you want the best performance and fuel economy you want to get it mapped for your countries conditions. Besides another 30BHP isn't a bad thing :)

Build quality is also much better than I have had before, it weighs a lot but its all heavy metal :)
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

craigstekna wrote:Whats the difference between a late 2014 Tekna and a 2016 Tekna? A few quirks may have been changed but I wasn't aware there was even a slight facelift or feature change?
There is no such thing as a 2015 or 2016 model QQ.... they are all sold as a 2014 model (J11) on a 15 or 16 plate! There are some changes here and there, there was a mini upgrade about 12 months in but overall they are all the same. Any issues found however will have been fed back and slight tweaks made but nothing major.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

craigstekna wrote: Cars are built for global conditions and temperature, if you want the best performance and fuel economy you want to get it mapped for your countries conditions. Besides another 30BHP isn't a bad thing :)
You are correct when you say cars are built for multiple climates, however its wrong to assume there isn't a different map per country based on environmental conditions and local emissions laws.

They are also mapped with warranty in mind. Yes, most engines you can easily get more power out of them (turbos is really easy to get a bit more poke out of them, turn up the boost a bit and make sure the fuelling is right!), but the manuf's wont release all the power as de-tuning them removes an element of stress and extends the service life of the engine. Another example is the red line of an engine. I often refer to the red line as the 'warranty line' rather than the peak limit of the engines maximum RPM. Car makers, contrary to popular belief WANT cars on the road that are >100k miles on the clock. It sets a reputation that what you buy is good for many many years. Just take a look at the stick that Mazda get for the rotary engines that cant do 60-70k miles before needing a rebuild.
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

A lot of that makes sense IF they use multiple maps per region, I'm just not sure they do, so ill dig a bit into it. IF they use a standard one-fits-all map however, they are probably running the engine on the lighter side to cope with regional temperature changes and fuel quality. For me its about quicker response at low end and fuel economy, but I won't have an off-the-shelf map, ill give it some dyno time.
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector