FAQ: Spare Wheel / Space Saver

Frequently Asked Questions
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

From the factory, all J11 QQ's do not come with a spare wheel as standard. They do however come with some puncture repair sealant and a pump.You can purchase a space saver wheel and jack kit from your dealer for around £200.Some members have opted for a "full size" spare wheel. Both of these fit in place of the plastic insert. With the space saver, there are 4 foam spacers which ensure that the carpet remains flat (without them, both sides would flop down), and in both cases there is a reduction in space in the lower section of the boot. We are also aware (as of first half of 2014), that the complimentary RAC cover that comes with the car for the first 3 years also includes recovery in the event of a puncture. The RAC carry "universal" spare wheels which fit onto the QQ and you are advised to return this to your nearest Kwik Fit once your tyre on your standard wheel has been replaced/repaired. It is advised they presently do not use the sealant and air pump to try and recover you. I understand if there is no spare replacement available, then transport is made of the vehicle to the nearest Kiwk Fit dealer. More detailed info about Nissan's Space saver kit (please note, this does not include the tyre that goes onto the wheel)[quote="DaveBerlin"]]I popped into our dealer here today and got a call from the Stores Guy who presented me with details of the Space Saver Wheel now available as a Kit from Nissan. The Nissan part No Specified is #J11RAD on their System and it includes the following with a Total cost of (in Euros) a‚¬174,99 #40300-JD077 16" Space Saver Spare Wheel a‚¬21,72#40353-9F500 80 Km/h Warning Label a‚¬0,36#74810-JY00A Clamp a‚¬10,44#99550-EY20A Jack a‚¬14,64#99552-EY10A Jack Handle a‚¬3,60#84977-4EA0A Spacer Piece Right a‚¬25,20#84979-4EA0A Spacer Piece Left a‚¬24,00 Then comes the Tyre stated as Continental CST 17 / 145/90 R16 106M #03505940000 a‚¬72,15 I believe then you will require the TPMS Valve #407003VU0A Sensor + #40780JA01B Nut Total a‚¬53,90As a comparison here is the website information from Glyn Hopkin :http://glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/prod ... QQ11SPSVKT[/QUOTE]]

SplanK2014-07-25 09:43:59

Smokey01

Post by Smokey01 »

I am considering ordering a Tekna with the spare space saver wheel i.e. purchasing the Nissan accessory as opposed to any third party one. I have just been into Coventry Nissan and said how much of the dual boot will I lose and he said all of it. He said I would need to use the boards that currently give you the dual boot on the floor to give a solid stable base. This contradicts the above. Can someone with the space saver confirm to me that he is just a mis-informed salesman. The dual boot is important to me and as a 50 plus woman I would not think myself capable of changing a wheel anyway (sorry to let womanhood down!) so I would rather stick with the gunk/breakdown service and have my dual floor.
QQ Tekna 1.2 DIG-T petrol Magnetic Red Panoramic Roof . QQ day 19th May 2016
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Smokey, see if these pics help you ! - Dave :)

Once you have the Space Saver Wheel in place with all parts and the Styropor Spacers the Flexible Floor (Carpet Type) is supported and there is a Space between this Level and the Main Floor Boards for Storage. You can also use the centre of the Spare Wheel and around to place Tools etc.

Std QQ Items : Compressor / Gunk etc
Just the Wheel
Wheel & Parts
False Floor above the Spare Wheel / Ledge is for the Main Boards
Shows the Depth of the Main Board to Flexible Board
Spare Wheel with Bits & Pieces

P1050699 - Kopie (2).JPG

131 - Kopie.JPG

134 - Kopie.JPG

128 - Kopie.JPG

Spare 4 - Kopie.jpg

P1050959 - Kopie.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Timbernew

Post by Timbernew »

Hi guys, apologies if I appear nieive, but do any of you know if a full size spare will fit in the well?
Also can a full size spare be driven at speeds above 80kmh and without restriction on distance?

Thanks in advance
mart
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mart, try sticking "Full Size Wheel" in the " Search" Facility as I am sure you will find an answer here as this point has been covered before - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
bike kid

Post by bike kid »

just tried that link it came op web page not found
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Is this what you are looking for ? "Search" / " Full Size Wheel". It says here there are 86 matches and to find what you want you will have to read through each Post - Dave

image.jpg

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Smokey01 wrote:I am considering ordering a Tekna with the spare space saver wheel i.e. purchasing the Nissan accessory as opposed to any third party one. I have just been into Coventry Nissan and said how much of the dual boot will I lose and he said all of it. He said I would need to use the boards that currently give you the dual boot on the floor to give a solid stable base. This contradicts the above. Can someone with the space saver confirm to me that he is just a mis-informed salesman. The dual boot is important to me and as a 50 plus woman I would not think myself capable of changing a wheel anyway (sorry to let womanhood down!) so I would rather stick with the gunk/breakdown service and have my dual floor.
Don't use the Gunk; call Nissan Roadside Assistance.(RAC)
Usage of Gunk renders tyre unrepairable, and will probably contaminate the TPS Valve too.
If outside of warranty, Roadside Assistance is provided "free", if you continue to have your QQ
serviced by Nissan :roll:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Akobalm

Post by Akobalm »

SplanK wrote:From the factory, all J11 QQ's do not come with a spare wheel as standard. They do however come with some puncture repair sealant and a pump.You can purchase a space saver wheel and jack kit from your dealer for around £200.Some members have opted for a "full size" spare wheel. Both of these fit in place of the plastic insert. With the space saver, there are 4 foam spacers which ensure that the carpet remains flat (without them, both sides would flop down), and in both cases there is a reduction in space in the lower section of the boot. We are also aware (as of first half of 2014), that the complimentary RAC cover that comes with the car for the first 3 years also includes recovery in the event of a puncture. The RAC carry "universal" spare wheels which fit onto the QQ and you are advised to return this to your nearest Kwik Fit once your tyre on your standard wheel has been replaced/repaired. It is advised they presently do not use the sealant and air pump to try and recover you. I understand if there is no spare replacement available, then transport is made of the vehicle to the nearest Kiwk Fit dealer. More detailed info about Nissan's Space saver kit (please note, this does not include the tyre that goes onto the wheel)
DaveBerlin wrote:]I popped into our dealer here today and got a call from the Stores Guy who presented me with details of the Space Saver Wheel now available as a Kit from Nissan. The Nissan part No Specified is #J11RAD on their System and it includes the following with a Total cost of (in Euros) a‚¬174,99 #40300-JD077 16" Space Saver Spare Wheel a‚¬21,72#40353-9F500 80 Km/h Warning Label a‚¬0,36#74810-JY00A Clamp a‚¬10,44#99550-EY20A Jack a‚¬14,64#99552-EY10A Jack Handle a‚¬3,60#84977-4EA0A Spacer Piece Right a‚¬25,20#84979-4EA0A Spacer Piece Left a‚¬24,00 Then comes the Tyre stated as Continental CST 17 / 145/90 R16 106M #03505940000 a‚¬72,15 I believe then you will require the TPMS Valve #407003VU0A Sensor + #40780JA01B Nut Total a‚¬53,90As a comparison here is the website information from Glyn Hopkin :http://glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/prod ... QQ11SPSVKT
]

SplanK2014-07-25 09:43:59
I have just swapped my 2014 Qashqai Premier Limited Edition for a really nice brand new BMW X3 M Sport, I purchased a full size matching 19" alloy wheel, brand new tyre and jack which I have obviously removed from the Nissan before handover, the wheel is the same as the Qashqai Limited Edition and X-Trail Tekna that have 19" wheels fitted. All brand new and unused, advertised them on Gumtree with photos, if anyone is interested, absolute bargain at £200, have a look if you are looking for this type of kit. BTW: The full size wheel and tyre fit effortlessly in the Qashqai boot well.

Regards,

John
If you can't join them, beat them ;)
Smokey01

Post by Smokey01 »

Thanks I ordered the car without the space saver but will probably get one from glynhopkins or some other place at a later date. I agree I don't want to use the gunk at all and would call out the RAC.
QQ Tekna 1.2 DIG-T petrol Magnetic Red Panoramic Roof . QQ day 19th May 2016