Initial thoughts

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Davebex

Post by Davebex »

Picked up our Qashqai on Saturday afternoon. The dealer was first class and spent plenty of time with us going over everything.
The car was very well presented and I had a good nose around it and couldn't see any defects. Dealership was fairly busy, another 2 Qashqai going out at the same time as ours, the Sales Manager Chris, said they'd sold around 147 cars for March. Anyway, around a 35 mile back home from Bailey's in Canterbury to home - as mentioned elsewhere, my local Dartford dealer was utterly useless. Mostly motorway and fast A roads but the initial 5 or so miles was a mix of town and semi rural. I was a bit nervy initially and didn't push the car too hard but neither did I hang around too much. For a 1.2 I was really pleasantly surprised. Much better than the 1.6 in our old J10 Qashqai. Very quiet inside too and I found the seating to be much more comfortable. We always felt we were perched on the seats of the J10 and feel like we're sitting in these a bit more. That may be because we had leather in the J10 and did slide around a little, but we both feel happier with the cloth at the moment although we've sacrificed heated seats, which were great in cold weather to be fair.

Since then both myself and my wife had been a bit unwell so a couple of days the car sat around. My wife had her first drive on Tuesday and was really pleased with it. Neither of us have played around with any of the settings much at the moment, we've just been recovering from the bug and tucked up indoors mainly. But so far I'm happy. I think the 1.2 is perfectly adequate for us. Our kids have both grown up and flown the nest and we rarely have a car full. If we do it's generally the grandchildren, so although I was tempted by the diesel at one point I really think it was unnecessary ultimately. Time will tell if I feel the same way after the honeymoon wears off and we've worked out the fuel consumption.

It's a much better car all round than the J10 as far as we're both concerned.

One niggle is this SD card issue. I checked mine last night and I have the old version too. I'm not particularly happy about that as, if I've read it correctly, the new version is available.

First job for me when it's slightly warmer, is to give it a good waxing etc.
1.2 Dig-T N-Connecta (Comfort Pack) in Gunmetal

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome aboard, and for your initial thoughts. If you've any queries just try using the SEARCH box here, as any question you may have will probably have been asked previously.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Welcome aboard, mine still very new. Loads of settings/tech to play with. Have not used the parking feature yet. Might try it in the cul de sac this weekend !
Also was just reading about the auto high beam mode on a post - didn't know the car had this. Will look at this tomorrow when I drive it.

Good luck
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

A month in and 800 miles on the clock. Got to say very impressed with the car. 1.6 is losening up a bit and feels a little more spritely. A little lack lustre under 2,200 revs but getting to know where it's power comes on stream.

Very impressed with the overall ride and handling. Thought it would be a bit wallowy but it feels very composed. Took the family to Norfolk and it was a pleasure to drive. Decent mpg to date circa 36 mpg.

Love the panoramic roof and general interior of a very good quality.

I miss the urgentcy of my juke nismo but very pleased I upgraded to a qq.

So far have still not tried the park assist but will do so soon !

Niggles - very few and purely looking for something to say so these may sound a bit picky ! Parking sensors seem to be a bit erratic sometimes come on later rather than sooner if that makes sense. Also got a slight squeak from the clutch when cold but noted this can be cured with lubricant/Vaseline in other threads.

Other than that very pleased. Don't want to curse the car but so far 9.5 out of 10.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof