Clutch squeak / creak

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
peter212693

Post by peter212693 »

Hello everyone,

Had the new QQ about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. Only slight niggle at the moment the clutch has started to creak when depressed, it's more a a rubbery sound and only when depressed, worse when cold. You can bearly hear it with the radio on but it's there.

Has anyone else had this? I presume it's just been sat in the factory for a while and maybe needs greasing. To save me taking it back to the dealers can I just get a bit of silicone grease and grease it up? Going to have a look in the light properly at the weekend bit any advice would be great.

Cheers!

QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

Yes...it's like treading on a frog every time you use the clutch. If you get right down in the footwell you can see a small rod going through a rubber hole/grommet. This rod is attached to the clutch. It's very annoying. I was gonna go back to the dealer but instead I first wiped a little wd40 on it. It came back after a while so I rubbed a little vasalene on it. It's been good since.... Good luck.
QQ 2015 1.6 Dig-T Gun Metal
Mods so far: LED interior lights, Side steps, Spare wheel, PIAA twin horns, Boot entry protector, Vinyl sill protection.
peter212693

Post by peter212693 »

Yes! Exactly that.

I had a quick look tonight and saw the rubber grommet. It seems to have come loose a little, pushed it back onto the plastic behind it and the noise stopped. It must have been just the plastic rod rubbing on the grommet as it had popped off.

I have no doubt it will return, if it does I will break out the vasaeine!
QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

I'll go check that grommet. When I vaselined the rod that grommet wasn't central to the rod. Maybe my grommet isn't in place either. Thanks
QQ 2015 1.6 Dig-T Gun Metal
Mods so far: LED interior lights, Side steps, Spare wheel, PIAA twin horns, Boot entry protector, Vinyl sill protection.
peter212693

Post by peter212693 »

Yea it was only slightly off center, it seems to push back into place. The vaseline must just stop the rubber vibrating against the plastic.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Mine has done this from new - and the dealer said they will replace the clutch master cylinder when the car goes back early January to fix a growing list of problems.
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Mine has the noise along with a dash trip rattle near passenger air bag area.
1.2 Dig-t N-connecta manual