Radio Traffic Announcements

Frequently Asked Questions
max

Post by max »

Third week of ownership and another question please.
Can you hear radio traffic announcements with audio muted? In other words, if I do not wish to listen to anything at all but would like to hear of any problems on route from local radio, can this be achieved?
On my RAV4 I could certainly do this by pressing the TA button. One press for it to be on, two to switch it off and three to mute audio.
Many thanks.

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

I asked this question awhile back. Apparently it can't be done with the current Connect system. Shame really as my previous car could also do this and it was very useful on long journeys when we didn't want the radio on all the time.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
max

Post by max »

Thank you for your unfortunately disappointing answer. I assume however, that it works when using sat nav but no radio/cd?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

max wrote:Thank you for your unfortunately disappointing answer. I assume however, that it works when using sat nav but no radio/cd?
It must do, cos I usually drive with just the map on, no radio output, and I still occasionally get traffic info reports.
switchback

Post by switchback »

I can't remember whether or not you can set the traffic info volume independent to the radio volume, I know you could on my Mazda.......................if you can, just have the radio on but with the volume right down and set the traffic volume to an audible level. Not looked at the handbook to see if you can do it............
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
max

Post by max »

Thank you, I shall check it out.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Unfortunately Nissan don't offer TA volume adjustment :(
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

Folks it is easy. Turn up volume during TA and this volume level will be memorized for future TA irrespectively what volume for media is adjusted
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

duncho wrote:Folks it is easy. Turn up volume during TA and this volume level will be memorized for future TA irrespectively what volume for media is adjusted
Top tip! Thanks. I'll try this out. I've been missing this facility since getting the QQ.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
max

Post by max »

Great! Off to Dorset on Friday and will check it out.