Silver QQ with crossover pack

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks that is helpful. Not sure I want to drill the new car when it arrives (appreciate is probably minor) but yes look forward to the pictures. Good a few weeks to consider so will do some research.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

escargot

Post by escargot »

Interesting regarding the drilling required for the front plate. One of the copies that I have been looking at on ebay said that tape is all that is required?

I would also assume that you could tape it into place and then use self tappers which would make the drilling part quite straightforward?
2016 1.6 DCI Tekna in Magnetic Red with pano roof.
Brown18

Post by Brown18 »

Hi. The crossover pack comes with some screws and rawplug gizmos for the front and rear plates. Inside the rawplugs are brass threads.
You drill holes in the black plastic bumpers and press the rawplugs into the holes.
The two plates have self-adhesive tape at the front and you screw the rear of the plates tightly onto the underside of the bumper with the dedicated screws.
I hope this is helpful.
1.6 diesel. Acenta Plus 4WD. Blade Silver.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks. It's helpful. If you have the instructions or a link to them on line wouldn't mind taking a look. Cheers
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Brown18

Post by Brown18 »

I forgot to mention when explaining about drilling holes, that the holes are well underneath the bumbers, So they aren't visible from the front or back of the car. But it does mean you have to have enough clearance under the car to move your drill around! No problem at the rear, but you need ramps at the front.
Here are the photos of the bling on my blade silver QQ.

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

1.6 diesel. Acenta Plus 4WD. Blade Silver.
m88rke

Post by m88rke »

Nice...

wonder what they would look like on black? wonder if they will look a bit 'chav'...

thoughts?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

m88rke, actually they look pretty damn good on Black as the Silver Finish tends to blend well just like Chrome - Dave ;)

Here are a few Photos that have been previously Posted on the Forum and can be seen by searching the Web :

th4HIQCG5X.jpg

th3U63QLPZ.jpg

th1TTOOB24.jpg

2qq.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks the pictures. Like the look of the cross over pack. Might go back to the dealer when I know the car is going to be due and see if he will fit it for a discount on the list price of £ 350.

Thanks chaps.
All the best
Paul
switchback

Post by switchback »

With regards to the drilling, I used a 90 degree angle drive to save putting the car on ramps. It's best to have someone help you hold the skid plate in place when you drill the front valance. For the rear one, the fixing pack wasn't very good in my opinion so I re-used the original Nissan fixing studs for the bumper in the same holes, but holding the skid plate as well as the bumper to the car.

From what I remember, it needs to be above 15 degrees C for the fixing tape to adhere properly. The 3M tape needs a hair dryer on it to cure properly. I actually pre-heated the fixing surface then went over it again when the plates were in position(same for chrome trim). It is VERY important that the fixing surface is clean and free from any contaminants for proper adherence. I sprayed some brake/clutch cleaner on a cloth and wiped the surface clean as the cleaning wipes provided were a bit small.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Brown18.....................Did your car come with the AWD badge or did you get it off Ebay like me?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.