My Magnetic Red Tekna

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
Jon Qash 592

Post by Jon Qash 592 »

This is my beauty.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tekna 1.6 Dig-T Magnetic Red. Chrome and Utility packs.

escargot

Post by escargot »

Looks great!
2016 1.6 DCI Tekna in Magnetic Red with pano roof.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Very nice.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

Hi Jon Qash 592

A true beauty indeed - exactly just like my car ... which I didn't picked up yet ... :lol:

I need one piece of advice please, as I'm really heaving troubles identifying a specific accessory.
I'm looking at the side plastic "mouldings" (if that's the correct English name) that you have mounted on your car in the same color as the bodywork (not the lower chrome ones).
Unfortunately I can only find black/white and "for painted" in my offer, and the package groups seem a bit messed up (e.g. this should pop up under "utilities" I assume). :? Did you had it painted in red by them?

Could you please give me a product code for reference so I could talk to my dealer?
Is it KE760-4E52H by any chance?

Many thanks in advance!
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso
Jon Qash 592

Post by Jon Qash 592 »

Hi DankoGranko.
Over here they are also known as body side mouldings. Originally they were black and on placing my order for the car I insisted the dealer should paint and fix himself at no extra cost. Be double sure they match the colour as mine were bit mismatched and they had to do the job again. As for the part number, I am sorry but I have no idea at all. I only know they are OEM parts.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

DankoGranko, when we ordered our QQ in 2014 there were more colors available and we ordered OEM Nissan Parts already painted in Pearlescent White. It now appears the selection is now reduced which means "Spraying" the parts.
The No. you have quoted seems to be the "The Black Primered" part - see attachment. Try the this website or eBay / AliExpress etc - Dave ;)
Just a hint try to obtain a Nissan QQ Accessory Catologue as originally the colors were in it, perhaps things have changed - Good Luck.
http://www.glynhopkinsonline.co.uk/prod ... KE7604E52H

IMG_0112.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

@ Jon Qash 592
Thanks for clarification - I have suspected that this might be your case 8-)

Otherwise, how do you make peace with the overall paint color after almost 1 year? Difficult to maintain?
It seems to me that this is the best color possible - when clean, and probably one of the worst when dirty. Coming from silver grey I'm a bit concerned ;)

@ DaveBerlin
Thanks Dave. Already seen your original pic post and noticed you had them on :)
Well, in my offer I only have them as black, white (not mentioned which one) and "for painting" or "no paint" - bit tricky to translate. Can't check your link now, but will do so soon.

Anyway, the plastic mouldings on my old car are pretty damaged - which means they've served their purpose - and this is why I'm interested to mount them on the new car as well.
Since both of you also have the chrome ones (I believe code KE760-4E50I), how do you find their use overall? Just aesthetics, or are really saving your doors from various parking lot accidents?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

DankoGranko, these Chrome Door Sills are mainly for appearance as if used together with the thicker Door Sills they do nothing as they are not as thick. If you used the Chrome Sills only they could still protect.
You have to be careful when ordering these parts as there are two available. The one you mention has an "I" at the end of the number and this is "Ice Chrome (Matt Effect)" also available is "C" and this is Gloss Chrome.
If you look at this Nissan Murano it only uses a thick and wide Chrome Strip - Dave ;)

http://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/ ... KE7604E50C

Sorry I gave you the wrong web for the Door Sills it should be :

http://www.glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/ ... KE7604E52H

IMG_2447.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Jon Qash 592

Post by Jon Qash 592 »

Re paint colour I have had lots of very nice compliments. As for maintenance a good hand wash every 2/3 weeks keeps car nice and clean. Mind you it's always garaged and we rarely have any rain at this time of year.
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

Many thanks both for the prompt replies.

Yes, I've noticed as well the difference between the "Matt Effect" and "Gloss Chrome". For now, I went for the gloss (KE760-4E50C) as it's a better fit for the mag red. Will have to wait and decide a bit more on the thicker ones.

Glad to see you are happy with the paint. Not having a garage myself, but not a public parking lot either, more like what DaveBerlin has ;) (tree included).

Usually I only wash my car in 6 months or so, following with a proper wax / sealant application. For my old silver car, this means a brand new sparkling color every time it rains, but it never looks too dirty anyway. Will see how this regime applies to the new Magnetic Red :)

Cheers!