where is the fuse box on a new QQ?

ICE, Equipment, Options
big_boz

Post by big_boz »

in the manual it shows an interior fuse panel behind each end of the dash. the drivers side is present and correct, the passenger side isnt there??

wanting to wire in a dash cam....
65 Plate Quashqi 1.5DCI Ntec+, 15 Plate Passat GT, 1972 Vw Beetle, 02 Plate Alfa 147

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Open the glove box and on the back of it is pull off panel about 3 inches square. Prise that off and the fuses are behind it.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=981&hilit=dash+camera+fitted
Try this link. Read the whole thread for full details.
A search of the forum site often finds info that has been supplied before.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
big_boz

Post by big_boz »

Dr_Niss wrote:viewtopic.php?f=29&t=981&hilit=dash+camera+fitted
thanks was on my phone and search was not working, just needed the location of the fuse panel, have wired in plenty of cams before, looks exactly the same as my B8 passat location wise, couldn't see how to get the glove box off.
65 Plate Quashqi 1.5DCI Ntec+, 15 Plate Passat GT, 1972 Vw Beetle, 02 Plate Alfa 147
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

For a dash cam, the power point in the box between the seats switches with the ignition, or more properly with the radio which has a delay on it after the ignition switches off. It does switch on with the ignition and does switch off after a short delay at any rate. The point in front of the gear lever is constant live, as you have probably found, so best left to charge phones and things.
Most dash cams have cords that are a bit too short to be routed tidily and reach that point inside the box, but extension power cables with the correct ends are available cheaply on Amazon, Ebay and at your local motor factors who will supply you or your local garage. That way the cable can be concealed well apart from exiting the armrest box, where it does have to exit at the top where the joint with the lid is. I use a few stick-on cable tidy's to route it as unobtrusively as possible inside and down the outside of the box until it can be tucked under the tunnel trim.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

big_boz wrote:
Dr_Niss wrote:viewtopic.php?f=29&t=981&hilit=dash+camera+fitted
thanks was on my phone and search was not working, just needed the location of the fuse panel, have wired in plenty of cams before, looks exactly the same as my B8 passat location wise, couldn't see how to get the glove box off.
This: You need to disconnect the piston/damper on the right hand side by pushing to the right.
Then grab the left and right side of the glove box and really pull hard towards you, there is a lot of resistance but it will come out of the two plastic clip retainers. Then push the two top stopper lugs inwards and this will allow it to drop out completely.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.