FAQ: Nissan Connect TEST MODE

Frequently Asked Questions
idn

Post by idn »

Well, thanks for this information about TEST MODE.

In my QQ the FM receiver did not change freq automaticly moving from one reception area to another. No dealer in South Africa or even NissanSA could fix the problem. Very frustrating as all the nissan connect QQ suffer with this problem.

After going into Test Mode I found a setting AF FOLLOWING- OFF. I changed it to ON and what a surprise! The radio do change to the better reception freq by itself! After suffering for a full year, we can now really enjoy our QQ for the first time!
2014 Qashqai 1.6 DCI CVT
28000 Km

duncho

Post by duncho »

I had exactly the same issue and solved it exactly the same way :) However, I thought I previously switched it off accidentally, therefore I didn't mentioned about it on the forum. Good catch! If it is so, this could be sticked by Admin as a trick to fix the issue.

By the way, as far as I'm aware, none of the dealerships I was dealing with to date knows about this TEST MODE menu. All they know and use is the SERVICE MENU only. I found out the access to TEST MODE menu by coincident when I tried pushing different buttons simultaneously and in different order.
Last edited by duncho on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Another excellent find Dan.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

Gel wrote:Another excellent find Dan.
Thank you

iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

What is really missing from the connect system is the ability to change preset radio stations from the car's steering wheel!
As it is right now by using the knob on the steering wheel the station changes to the next/previous radio station. In case you only need to change from memory, say, 2 to memory 6, you need to touch the screen, which is inter alia quite dangerous.
Has anyone found a solution on this?
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
duncho

Post by duncho »

No solution on this. you need to complain to Nissan and insist that they open "JOB CARD" otherwise your wish/ complain ends up in dealer's bin. Shocking truth, but this is how it works in Nissan. I learnt this on reporting of my own issues. When they open a Job Card it pops up in their helpdesk system until someone brings solution and they fix this. Also, it has influence on KPIs so they try to solve it.

stuiow

Post by stuiow »

iceman GR wrote:What is really missing from the connect system is the ability to change preset radio stations from the car's steering wheel!
As it is right now by using the knob on the steering wheel the station changes to the next/previous radio station. In case you only need to change from memory, say, 2 to memory 6, you need to touch the screen, which is inter alia quite dangerous.
Has anyone found a solution on this?
Yeah agree there.