FAQ: Nissan Connect TEST MODE

Frequently Asked Questions
duncho

Post by duncho »

Some time ago I posted on my YouTube channel a video "How to improve FM radio reception on Nissan Connect". Due to increasing number of private messages received on YouTube, I decided to share how to access the TEST MODE. To do so, you need to simultaneously push "Day/Night" display mode button together with "Enter" button. TEST MODE provide lots of information and tests that can be initiated for diagnostic purposes.Be careful, as changing some of the settings may affect Nissan Connect operation. These settings will not revert back by flashing Nissan Connect with a newer firmware. You should know what you are doing before modifying any of the values.

SplanK2015-01-16 10:52:39
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

I can't get this to work on mine at alljust just the day/night and the Enter knob together?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Yes correct. You need to press them both at the same time and hold for about 2-3 seconds.

alain57

Post by alain57 »

hello,i'm trying this but this is not working :(I have a 1.6 DIG-T tekna qashqai (received in February 2015)i pressed both button at the same time without releasing them for 1 minute, but nothing comes :/will try setting the default language tomorrow, maybe it is not working because my QQ is in french ?the other hidden menu (pressing setup, and turning the zoom button at 9:00, the 3:00 then 9:00 is working, but this menu is only useful to know the connect version or to test the speakers :/by the way i have connect version D300..any idea of something else I could try to go into that menu ?thank you in advance for your help
duncho

Post by duncho »

It seems it is blocked on some versions of NC. Some Russian owners have reported the same as you.

alain57

Post by alain57 »

that sucks hope that a solution for this will be found.or should I go to the reseller and ask him
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

If it has been blocked by Nissan there will be no solution, the last thing they want you to do is play around with the hidden menu's and do some damage and then be expected to resolve what ever has been done.If you cannot access it there is a reason, just forget it and if there is a problem with reception ensure you have the latest software updates
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
jet

Post by jet »

Thank you, duncho, for sharing these invaluable information and videos.I am curious about something though: on the video How to enter TEST MODE on Nissan Connect 2 [TUBE"]]https://www.youtube.com/embed/pR7Uf-lETfE[/TUBE"]]there is that LINEAR AUDIO option. It is clearly audible, that once activated, the sound gets louder and the bass feels deeper.I tried this on my QQ today, and the change felt enormous. However, I did notice that playing with Bass and Tremble in [Setup -> Audio"]] does not have any effect any more, nor do Fade and Balance. I am wondering if Linear Audio ON just overrides the audio settings in some way, or it is doing anything other than that?Any hints or suggestions will be appreciated!Cheers,Yavor
1.5 dCi MT Premium
duncho

Post by duncho »

Yavor,
Linear audio bypasses the DSP (digital signal processing) pre-programmed by BOSCH in an audio-digital converter PCM1681. By clicking on the linear audio you turn off DSP and what comes in to AD converter comes also out with no change. The problem is that you cannot save this setting and by restarting NC you get this ON again. Also, audio settings like Fader, Balance, Treble, Bass and Loudness are inactive when linear audio is ON.
It all would be perfectly fine if BOSCH would have programmed PCM1681 DSP properly and not screw it as it is now. Therefore if you wish audio to be on acceptable level, you will need to correct bad done job by another DSP connected to NC and then amplify the signal by amplifier of your choice. Remember to replace the speakers and sound deadening the doors.

There is also possibility to feed out LINE audio from NC, so you have better and non distorted audio directly from PCM1681 AD converter and by doing so you bypass PA (power amplifier) built in the NC (TDA75610LV). Luckily this has already been done and nicely photo documented by one of QQ owners (Vasvi) on other QQ forum.

jet

Post by jet »

Thank you, Duncho for the detailed explanation.I do not feel competent enough to make changes to NC, nor am I brave enough to do that on a leased car But I do like playing with the settings and came across this one, so your info was really helpful, as always!
1.5 dCi MT Premium