Rear fog light

Bodywork & Interior problems
paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

I suspect it is to stop you getting them confused with brake lights ....

Alan22

Post by Alan22 »

So if you was driving abroad does this make it legal to have it just on offside I wonder
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Metalic Black
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="paulyoung666"]I suspect it is to stop you getting them confused with brake lights ....[/QUOTE]Exactly this. Fog lights are roughly the same output as brake lights, so to have both sides illuminated could result in people getting confused. I have not checked on the QQ, but chances are the "other" light in the other cluster will be a reverse light? All the Nissan's I have ever owned have only ever had 1 fog light fitted as well.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I remember when on a night out many moons ago the brake lights on my XR3 stopped working but tail lights were fine. Flicked the 2 rear fog lights switch on and off everytime I braked on way back home :)TC32014-11-25 19:08:23
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

supergrover

Post by supergrover »

There are so many QQs on the road these days, I've followed quite a lot (or been passed by a lot lol) and the red reflectors in the rear bumper are as bright as another set of tail lights in the dark...
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

[quote="Alan22"]
So if you was driving abroad does this make it legal to have it just on offside I wonder[/QUOTE]

The fog light would be on our nearside ....
Monty

Post by Monty »

Hi Folks. I fell in to the same "trap" as DIM4762. Shortly after buying my QQ in 2015, I noticed that only the rear fog light on the driver's side was working. I tried - in vain - to remove the internal panel to change the bulb, but gave up for fear of breaking something. The first service came and went but I forgot to mention the "faulty" fog light. Just now I thought I'd have another go at removing the internal panel to change the bulb. A lot more effort this time but still no luck. Thought I'd check on the forum to see if anyone had the same problem with the getting the panel off when I found this post. Went out and checked the rear fog lights on my Renault Megane (2006) and, surprise surprise, only the offside light works (which I must confess I had not noticed before...) - but there is a bulb in the near-side holder.... So perhaps the comment re EU legislation holds good....but I am in South Africa.
Mk2 QQ, 1.6 dCi Acenta CVT + Techno Pack + Heated Leather Seats
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am not sure if this will help to clear this question but here are some facts on the EU Regulation 48 and it does in fact mention one or two Fog Lights and the U.K. At least one. Take a look at the attachments, the Nissan Manual appears to also only mention the singular. Hope this helps Dave ;)

http://www.drivingtesttips.biz/use-of-fog-lights.html

IMG_1688.PNG

IMG_1686.PNG

IMG_1687.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Thre is a bulb holder on the nearside rear foglight (RH drive cars) for those Brit owners worrying about using them on the continent. Just swap the bulb over when you go. Don't forget to swap it back again when you come home!
2016 1.6D Tekna in Storm White, chrome pack, mudflaps and glass roof.
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

after reading this just checked mine and only near side, (passenger) is working