Exposed lower radiator...

Bodywork & Interior problems
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Ok, so after noticing the exposed radiator area of the J11 QQ...and considering I'm almost up to the first 18,000 mile service in only 6 months I've ordered one of these from a Russian supplier for myself...It seems the Russians are quite big on car protection, this shop even sell plastic wheelarch liners to cover the fabric ones, mind you when you look at the condition of some of the Russian roads then you can see why this is a big market over there and this is much cheaper than having to repair/replace the radiator should the worse happen!For those of you who would rather buy from the UK then ZunSport will be releasing their version to the market on the 19th September, their price will be £92.56 for the polished version and £110.51 for the black version (includes VAT and delivery).
Wheelie Bealie2014-09-02 12:02:45
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)

Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Must admit I will be having a look at it. Interesting.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Thanks for this wheelie.I noticed the other day that it appears to have taken a couple of obvious "blows" from stones or other road debris and was considering some way of protecting it.Might be just the job.
Nissan no more...
Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

I fitted a similar grille to the mouth of my MkI MX5 many years ago for the same reason. As well as protecting the radiator it looks better than a bare radiator too.

Good find - thanks!
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

what about all those users that spent more than 100 for front chrome lip finisher, like I did :)
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Whealie Bealie, to me that was a nice find and is certainly worth thinking about. I carried out a similiar modification on our Juke by installing grills at the front and more than once it saved us from damage from a large stone. Found these in the US from Custom Car Grills.Now although these Grills mentioned are highly worthy of installing to prevent damage I would prefer that the Grills were installed at the rear of the Front Grill. There are two reasons for this 1. I think the Grills shown spoil the front of the QQ / 2. We have installed the Chrome Strip and the Under Body Feature and it looks like this new Grill will not fit over and would also cover the parts already fitted (does now not look possible) as th0mps0n mentioned - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Whealie Bealie, to me that was a nice find and is certainly worth thinking about. I carried out a similiar modification on our Juke by installing grills at the front and more than once it saved us from damage from a large stone. Found these in the US from Custom Car Grills.Now although these Grills mentioned are highly worthy of installing to prevent damage I would prefer that the Grills were installed at the rear of the Front Grill. There are two reasons for this 1. I think the Grills shown spoil the front of the QQ / 2. We have installed the Chrome Strip and the Under Body Feature and it looks like this new Grill will not fit over and would also cover the parts already fitted (does now not look possible) as th0mps0n mentioned - Dave[/QUOTE]I'm not sure if these grilles will fit if you have the chrome stuff fitted, but once it arrives and I fit it I'll post some close up pics and measure the clearances, there may be enough room for both if thats the way you decide to go. Personally I'm not a fan of too much chrome so haven't fitted any of the chrome styling packs (my car was the demo vehicle and already had the side strips and mirror covers on it but they're ice chrome so not too bright) and thats the reason I went for a black grille instead of a stainless finish, it's not so 'in your face'. Also I personally do like the look of the grill on the outside of the bumper and think it makes the car a little more aggressive looking albeit subtle. I did think about making up a grille to go behind the bumper but didn't want the hassle of removing the bumper and having it all apart while I cut up and fit some mesh and find a decent way of fixing/bonding it to the car, my car is always in use so I need it up and running. Someone on this (or possibly the other) QQ forum has done just that though, a quick search for 'grille' will uncover the thread.
Wheelie Bealie2014-09-03 08:01:04
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I'm looking forward to seeing those pics. The Forum is a fantastic place to learn stuff I would have never thought of.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]I'm looking forward to seeing those pics. The Forum is a fantastic place to learn stuff I would have never thought of.[/QUOTE]
Yes I couldn't agree more, really good Forum now that all the early troublemakers have moved on.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

Definitely like the look and practicality but like Dave and Jon, I've got the chrome fitted and suspect this will prevent adding it
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.