Lane Assist Camera

ICE, Equipment, Options
Aspire23
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Aspire23 »

Yes that one that lives on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. My camera packed up last October, with 12,000 miles on a 20 plate Accenta Premium. After exhaustive Googling etc and reading about realignment etc etc. After being quoted over £2,000 for a new camera and the realignment, not an insignificant amount of money especially when considering the age and mileage covered. So I got hold of a camera taken from a crashed 1.3 petrol J11. The important part is the part number(s) must be the same on the camera. All J11’s are virtually identical dimensionally, so the so called realignment sounds more like a licence to print money. Fitted the replacement camera and hey presto it works, road test shows all systems such as lane assist, road sign recognition, collision avoidance and auto high beam restored and no warnings. Happy Bunny! Tip- use a piece of tape on those white clips that hold the trim panel over the camera, stops that annoying rattle that nearly all Qashqai J11’s have. Oh and the cost £50 ebay.

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Aspire23 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:00 pm Yes that one that lives on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. My camera packed up last October, with 12,000 miles on a 20 plate Accenta Premium. After exhaustive Googling etc and reading about realignment etc etc. After being quoted over £2,000 for a new camera and the realignment, not an insignificant amount of money especially when considering the age and mileage covered. So I got hold of a camera taken from a crashed 1.3 petrol J11. The important part is the part number(s) must be the same on the camera. All J11’s are virtually identical dimensionally, so the so called realignment sounds more like a licence to print money. Fitted the replacement camera and hey presto it works, road test shows all systems such as lane assist, road sign recognition, collision avoidance and auto high beam restored and no warnings. Happy Bunny! Tip- use a piece of tape on those white clips that hold the trim panel over the camera, stops that annoying rattle that nearly all Qashqai J11’s have. Oh and the cost £50 ebay.
what was the part number you had on yours ??
Aspire23

Post by Aspire23 »

3BFE0072-6721-4537-ACC7-42375575258F.jpeg

This is the info requested.
alladdin

Post by alladdin »

Aspire23 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:00 pm Yes that one that lives on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror. My camera packed up last October, with 12,000 miles on a 20 plate Accenta Premium. After exhaustive Googling etc and reading about realignment etc etc. After being quoted over £2,000 for a new camera and the realignment, not an insignificant amount of money especially when considering the age and mileage covered. So I got hold of a camera taken from a crashed 1.3 petrol J11. The important part is the part number(s) must be the same on the camera. All J11’s are virtually identical dimensionally, so the so called realignment sounds more like a licence to print money. Fitted the replacement camera and hey presto it works, road test shows all systems such as lane assist, road sign recognition, collision avoidance and auto high beam restored and no warnings. Happy Bunny! Tip- use a piece of tape on those white clips that hold the trim panel over the camera, stops that annoying rattle that nearly all Qashqai J11’s have. Oh and the cost £50 ebay.
which part number / how much of the numbering did you match ? just the first line 284g3........c ? thanks
Aspire23

Post by Aspire23 »

For your information. When looking into camera availability, the whole bunch of letter codes and number codes matched exactly on the camera I bought. It actually came from a crash damaged Qashqai (J11 1.3 petrol, mine is the 1.5dci) and this worked first time out of the box with all original features up and running. Camera set up was not touched, as all Qashqai’s are basically the same dimensions from the front windscreen to leading edge of the bonnet. Now the original camera was taken apart and I found that there is a multi plug that joins the main circuit to the camera lens base, this was note fully home in its base socket. On further investigation it was found that the multi plug relies on a foam pad stuck to the camera housing interior to keep the plug in place. I have no proof that this was the cause of the fault but the foam pad was very compressed which could relax the pressure on the multi plug. The original camera worked intermittently whereby it was possible to drive 10-15 miles or just a few yards before the dash warning ‘System Fault 1’) etc came on. This lead me to think there might be a dry soldered joint or breakage, none found apart from a suspicious multi plug which appeared not to be fully located. To get the camera apart is not hard and there were no seals only some thread lock type substance on the 4 housing screws. Some members have been quoted astronomical prices for new cameras to be fitted and programmed eg £2,000. Its got to be worth investigating, but you do this all at your own risk, no liability accepted. Good luck!
alladdin

Post by alladdin »

thanks for that - very informative. i have ordered closest match i can find from ebay but will certainly take a look into the one currently fitted.
alladdin

Post by alladdin »

new old one fitted and working, i did strip the old one and i can see the issue although mine looked ok, its a tiny push in connector similar to those used in i phones abd other modern small electronics.
Mickpayneuk

Post by Mickpayneuk »

Just ordered one from eBay. Thought I would give it a go as Nissan have quoted me £1900 to change it. Hopefully this will fix the issue.