New to a QashQai - servicing questions

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
flyingguy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by flyingguy »

Hi all,

Wasn't sure the best place to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong area. I bought last week a 2020 QQ from a Nissan dealer, 14k on the clock, single owner from new, FSH etc. I tried getting a straight answer from the sales guys but they don't seem to be able to explain it. The car has 3 nissan stamps in the book, but there is no detail as to what was actually serviced at these stamps. I have inspection reports, but I've no idea when the last filter change was done, oil change etc. The guys I bought it from put it through the workshop too and stamped the book, but AFAIK they just check the levels and I doubt carry out any specific servicing items. Anyone else had a similar experience? I'm tempted to call the last Nissan dealer it got serviced at to ask them.

Also, I can't seem to work out the air conditioning, it seems to take anything up to half an hour for the temperature to change inside the car. So e.g. yesterday I had my side on 17, and the mrs had hers on 23, mine was blowing hot for at least 20 minutes before it changed. Even when we put the temps on dual, we put both on 18 etc, and it took forever to actually cool. Once it was cool the air was cold so it didn't strike me as a leaking gas scenario. It's still under 30 day warranty with the garage, and has a 2 year warranty, so I've no problem taking it back in, but want to make sure I don't waste my time if this is just normal!

Thanks!

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Welcome to the forum.

If you have Nissan service stamps you should have had minor service, major service and minor service.
Nissan's service schedule is every 12 months so your car is due a major service.
Nissan dealers do both fixed price services (type your registration number in to their website and it should pop up with a cost. They also do service plans where you can pay a monthly fee and avoid paying a lump sum at service - plus a small saving.

Can’t answer your air con question, sorry
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
flyingguy

Post by flyingguy »

MikeGC wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:07 am Welcome to the forum.

If you have Nissan service stamps you should have had minor service, major service and minor service.
Nissan's service schedule is every 12 months so your car is due a major service.
Nissan dealers do both fixed price services (type your registration number in to their website and it should pop up with a cost. They also do service plans where you can pay a monthly fee and avoid paying a lump sum at service - plus a small saving.

Can’t answer your air con question, sorry
Well looking at my service book, there's a stamp at 3k miles after the first year with an M at the top, which I can only assume is a minor service. The next stamp is at 8300 miles a year later, and I have a inspection report from that same stamp which shows minor service. The last stamp is a year later but the inspection report again only seems to reflect a minor at 14000 miles which is not far off the current mileage. Should I have expected the dealer to have carried out the major service, or if not, at least offer now to contribute towards it?
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Take a quick look at the colour of the oil on the dipstick and other easy thing to check is air-filter you'll soon see if its been replaced or not by the colour of it. As for the heating you haven't got the auto button pressed on have you.
flyingguy

Post by flyingguy »

andy2019 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:38 am Take a quick look at the colour of the oil on the dipstick and other easy thing to check is air-filter you'll soon see if its been replaced or not by the colour of it. As for the heating you haven't got the auto button pressed on have you.
Nope, we tried with auto and it seems to change temperature quicker with auto set, but then you can't direct the heat/cold to your feet or face etc. Just seems to be on the individual controls without auto set that it takes a long time to make any temperature change.