Dashboard alligment

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

sorry to be a pain - but can you take a picture a bit further round.
Im trying to see the area by the dash and the rubber seal that seals the door when shut.
The attached picture is a J11B - but this is the area I need to see.

You can see the 2 black circular trims by the rubber seal - the bolts to adjust the dash from side to side are behind these.

Picture1.jpg

contor
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by contor »

Buffy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:01 pm sorry to be a pain - but can you take a picture a bit further round.
Im trying to see the area by the dash and the rubber seal that seals the door when shut.
The attached picture is a J11B - but this is the area I need to see.

You can see the 2 black circular trims by the rubber seal - the bolts to adjust the dash from side to side are behind these.
First of all I appreciate that you are trying to help us. Thank you.
I took a picture from the corner that you want and there aren’t those blacks trims.
I found a picture from a greek fb page that you can see what is under the black side cover if it can helps you to find how to adjust the dashboard.

IMG_1450.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpeg

IMG_1453.jpeg

IMG_1451.jpeg

Deleted User 10757

Its possible that the steel frame under these 2 bolts ( ringed in red ) could be oval to allow some movement.
However I have never look - sorry - best I can come up with

Dash.jpg

contor

Post by contor »

I visited the dealership today and the guy there told me that there are ten screws that hold the dashboard and they need to unmount many parts to have an access and they suggest me for one more time not to involve in all this process cause may have other problems after that as rattles.
Deleted User 10757

contor wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:27 pm I visited the dealership today and the guy there told me that there are ten screws that hold the dashboard and they need to unmount many parts to have an access and they suggest me for one more time not to involve in all this process cause may have other problems after that as rattles.
Surely as a main dealer - thats their problem as a representative of the Manufacturer
phatboy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phatboy »

contor wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:27 pm I visited the dealership today and the guy there told me that there are ten screws that hold the dashboard and they need to unmount many parts to have an access and they suggest me for one more time not to involve in all this process cause may have other problems after that as rattles.
So they are admitting they will do a bad job of re-fitting it? You need another dealer....
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
contor

Post by contor »

I'm back for an update.
I finally solved the problem with the dashboard alligment.
The screws that you see in the photo above are the alligment screws. So the dealer make the correction in 3-4 minutes before 2 weeks and yesterday change and my passenger's interior door trim cause the mark that had from the dashboard and NEW again. <3
telkin

Post by telkin »

Hi @contor , can you send photos before and after the alignment? Does this adjustment fix the gaps, to be equal?