badrat

Post by badrat »

Hy everybody,

I've seen
there are some problems with stop/start system reported, but I wasn't able to
find any topic describing problem that I face with a few days ago (since then,
the failure repeated on several occasions). Basically it's a bout engine
re-start after the stop/start system turns it off. To describe the situation
step by step. I stop, at let's say traffic light, stop/start system shuts off the
engine, but when I press the clutch in order to re-start the engine again,
nothing happens. Instead of turning the engine on, the a€zcheck engine" warning
light (symbol) turn on and basically only way to start the engine again is to
turn the key in the ignition. Honestly I must say that I am quite shock with
this technical failure, especially because I've been a pride owner of QQ for
more than 6 years. Also, just to mention that the problem is definitely not
caused by human error (inexperience driver), since I've been working as an
automotive journalist for more than 5 years, so I am pretty much aware on what
to expect from stop/start system, and how the system works. I've asked my
former colleagues whether they have experience this problem on some test
(press) models, but no luck so far. What is interesting thought is that the car
is behaving exactly the same as in situation when the engine is turned off by
the stop/start system and the driver door is opened. The car (due to security reasons)
automatically shuts off engine and, again, the only way to turn it on is to use
the key. I assume that the cause of problem might be closed door sensor or something
like that. Before taking car to a dealer, I just wanted to check if anyone has
experience this problem so far. The car is 1.2 Visia (new model).

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

No I have not experienced this, every time I put the clutch down, the engine restarts. Sorry.As an automotive journalist, do you have any contacts in Nissan to ask or is it just the dealers?
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

There is a "common fault" (when I say common, its a regular ocurance when it goes faulty, but not enough to be a wide spread fault...) where one of the switches (cant remember of its the clutch switch or the gear selector switch) which goes faulty. Although more often than not it will just bring up a "stop start disabled" on the screen rather than allowing it to activate it.You should discuss the fault with your dealer
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Had no problems with mine, touch wood! in fact during this warm weather I am finding the stop/start works to often cutting the engine out every few seconds when in heavy traffic. I have resorted to switching it off during busy town travelling, but put it back on for normal driving.The engine has started every time from cut out with the slightest touch of the clutch.Perhaps I am a lucky one in experiencing none of the problems often reported on here, or maybe I am not looking for the slightest issue to complain about. Unfortunately the forum is still full of car related problems, but still very few posters coming back to say the issue has been resolved. Why is this???
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
mgrolys

Post by mgrolys »

Jonceebee I am the same as you, no problems whatsoever with stop/start and responds very quickly to a light touch of the clutch.
1.6 dci Tekina 4x4 - loving it :-)
Angelo694

Post by Angelo694 »

hello,just got my QQ 6 days ago and the last 2 days i have a strange problem with the s/s system!when most of the times the s/s kicks in, the check engine lamp turns on and after i push the clutch the engine does not restart as it should... in a few words the s/s systems works to turn the engine off but doesnt restart it so i have to turn the key again :( does anybody know the answer to my problem???it used to work perfectly the first 4 days... :( p.s: i have no warnings on the screen about this fault!
Angelo694

Post by Angelo694 »

my friend sorry if i m disturbing but i have the same problem with my QQ and NISSAN CYPRUS have no idea what might be.... if found what the problem is please let me know!!! thank you!!!
75xxsn

Post by 75xxsn »

The same problem also here, no restart ater stopping. It is becoming wide spread? Otherwise super engine - average fuel economy 6.3 l/100 km.
QQ 1.2 DIG-T