Car does not stat

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Collected our 1.5 dC1 Tekna on Thursday and all very nice but come Friday morning the car would not start. electrics were on and car unlocked OK but when I hit the starter button it would not engage starter motor and turn over. Call out the RAC who were there in 30 mins. Flat battery so recharged and off we went on 100 mile trip. All seemed OK but come Saturday morning same again so had to call out the RAC for a 2nd time to get the car started. It is now back with the dealer to investigate and we are in a loan car.All very frustrating and not the start ( or not) that we had hoped for.Anyone else had this problem and any ideas as to the cause? Would appreciate any help you can give.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze

Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

There is another thread on here with the same problem so there are at least 2 of you.Beginning to worry about the one I have just ordered,
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

No, but there have been a few people with starting issues because of loose cables... So far it's been battery terminals and starter motors. Plausible a cable on the alt is loose and it's not charging
Kris

Post by Kris »

Dr_Niss do not worry, if they are coming off the line at one a minute and there have been two with this problem then I would not lose any sleep about it. No one wants faults and when it happens to us then it is very frustrating, but not the end of the world. There are many positives about the car do not let the odd problem get you down, with the number being made it is bound to happen and as you like me are waiting then maybe a lot of the teething problems will be sorted.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Whilst I can see where you are coming from I worry about the statement " there are always a few teething problems" . I used to test software and if a fault developed in anything I had released far as I was concerned it was inadequate testing, my fault. If the speed of the production line is causing faults, slow it down if other things then quality control needs improving. I am not saying the odd mistake won't be made but I believe there is too easy acceptance that repeat faults we hear about are just normal
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Kris

Post by Kris »

I do not and never have worked in a factory environment so would not pre judge how these things work, but it does seem that with anything new there are problems, I think someone said the Microsoft windows operating system is the worlds most successful at selling something that does not work as it should (I know the words are not quite right but think you get the meaning) they launch it, then start putting out updates almost from day one. Not saying you have anything to do with Microsoft but its a software programme that has many faults yet is sold as the final answer on each new version.Not trying to get into an argument just trying to say most new items have problems, even if they should not.
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I'm not really worried folks, you normally hear more about what doesn't go well than what does.I'm looking forward to September
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

It looks like the battery is faulty as it is not holding a charge. The garage have ordered a new one and will get this fitted and then retest the car. All being well I should have it back Wednesday.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I had this problem with a BMW some years ago and as F1Bob says it was a faulty battery, somehow draining itself after being parked for a few hours. New battery was fitted and the problem went away
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Perhaps something is draining the battery ? Honda had a problem like this on the Civic, something to do with the unit which controlled auto lights and wipers not going into sleep mode when ignition turned off.
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna