Engine Braking?!?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="Johnnie Qashguy"] Thanks Korky, A apparentley the car went into limp home mode hence now power etc. Wonder if they did a proper PDI on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the interesting bit and I did nearly put that in my post yesterday, but not sure would a PDI pick this up etc?

Out of interest did you have the symptoms as soon as you drove away or was it a few miles in to the journey?

Secondly out of interest what mileage was on the car at pick up?

But as I've said hopefully they'll find the issue and get it resolved ASAP. Yes it takes the shine off for you but it'll be as good as good upon return

con

Post by con »

I have a Tekna 4wd and I am having the stutter/hesitation with mine at around 2000 to 2250 rpm. Dealer couldn't replicate it and no error codes, so got it back and still have the issue. 3000 miles on the clock. I'm actually hoping for a fault so it can be diagnosed :(. Loving the car anyway though.
Johnnie Qashguy

Post by Johnnie Qashguy »

Just had a call from the dealers can pick car up tomorrow, asked the service lady what the problem was quoteits a bit complicated" so i will ask the technician when i get there. Car had only 8 miles on the clock when we picked it up, car was fine leaving the dealers it was only when we stopped after being flashed about our chrome strip at the back hanging off the problems started. Looking forward to getting it back and having a play. Still a great car, Will let you know what they say.
Johnnie Q
Johnnie Qashguy

Hi con , ours is Tekna 4wd, we had the amber engine symbol and the auto symbol for the 4wd appear on the dash and stay on, like you it did stutter/hesitate will let you know what they say tomorrow.
Johnnie Q
Johnnie Qashguy

Me again, picked up car from dealers asked technician what problem was , his reply was the wiring loom around the engine bay was to tight and 1 of the cables had broken, they had removed all the battery tray etc to find the fault and repair. I was assured there would be no problems , thats enough moaning for now sound like a grumpy old git, or so my wife says.
Johnnie Q
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

glad to hear you got it fixed
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)
lepingouin99

Post by lepingouin99 »

HelloI'm owner in Switzerland of a qasqhai 4x4 dci 1,6 acentaActually I have noticed that on highway on 5th or 6 th gear the motor seems to have not enough air and do some short cut.Talked to the dealer and He said "wait until 3000 km, all the pieces of the motor must find their place..."I think I will go and mention this proble with the motor and the other problem (a fu***k noise of air only in the driver side near the window)
con

Post by con »

Interesting. I was due to bring my Tekna in today to have the 2k rev stuttering issue looked at again. I received a call from the dealer yesterday saying Nissan have issued a memo that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. I'll keep you posted.
lepingouin99

Post by lepingouin99 »

yesterday I pick up my car after a check to the dealer.He said that He has the same problem with his car..... At his opinion it's due to fact the gas pedal is electric and when you're driving 5th gear 80 km/h or 6th gear 100 km/h you're just under gas/no gas with your pedal.He told as joke you must drive 10 km/h over the limite and won't have the problem.I'm very interested on the answer your wil receive after the memo and what kind of fix it will beStay in touchthanks
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

Had this problem on my 1.6 4X4 today, unusually I wasn't in a hurry to get somewhere so was driving economically!2000rpm, 6th gear, around 105kph with very light throttle pressure. The car gently hesitates, then surges and I can see the rev counter jumping up and down around 200rpm. Really hard to replicate and it's hardly noticeable so I'm dreading taking it to the dealer. I wonder if you're on the threshold of a change in mapping at that point, cars rarely like running with very light throttle application so wondering if it's a boost issue or some kind of sensor/mapping issue.Would love to know details of the memo too so I can point the dealer at it!