2014 QQ Tekna (CVT) transmission oil leak

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Fresh Des

Post by Fresh Des »

New QQ Tekna (CVT) delivered on Wed 30th April 2014. Just over a week later (Wed 7th May 2014) I have transmission fluid all over my drive way. On to issues with replacement vehicle and responsibility of who was to cover hire car.... I am given a Micra!!!! I telephoned Nissan Garage the next day who informed me that they have not
had a chance to look at car yet. "They will look at on Friday Morning".Friday morning arrives, Unloaded
to Nissan customer services about the Micra situation. Replacement car provided that afternoon (Kia estate thing).Nissan Garage call me in the afternoon to relay that they have located
and rectified the fault. They would like the engineer to take the car
home over the evening to make sure the fault has been rectified (Testing apparently???!!!??). They
will let me know the outcome first thing Saturday Morning. A hose between the transmission cooler and gearbox had worked loose. I was assured that the engineer has checked the gearbox for Damage (none found), transmission fluid has been topped up, I'm all good to go!! Saturday arrives, Nissan Garage inform me that the fault has been rectified and I
will have no further problems. They clarified that the gearbox has been
checked for damage and topped up with oil, the engineer is very happy and pleased with how quickly he was able to find the fault.Sunday, I take the car for a 100 mile round trip. In the evening Oil is leaking all over drive way again!! I will not relay the conversation of anger and frustration going on in my head at this point.Anyone had similar issues?

duncho

Post by duncho »

Fresh
Des, thank you for sharing this with us. It's hard to believe that this happened
already to some car owners. To me it sounds like sabotage :) To avoid this, I will
check my car whether the bolt is tightened properly. Anyway, I'm curious what is your car fuel consumption? I'm a bit disappointed (6,4 l/100km with extremely easy foot).
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Fresh Des

Post by Fresh Des »

Hi Duncho, sabotage or mindless stupidity at factory level.

Fuel consumption I can only base on a limited 140 mile round trip. I had a return of 59 mpg from a 1.6 diesel CVT. this was driven normally with no heavy acceleration.

All in all, I am extremely happy with the car. Aside from my grumble of previous.