12 digt engine

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Has anyone given the 12digt a workout on any hills to see how it performs

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Yes, and it performs fine!Depends on the hill you may have to drop a cog, but to be fair, you would generally have to anyway! Although with the increased amount of torque, you will be pleasantly surprised compared to older generation engines.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Engine was a lot better than i expected on test.So much so i plumped to buy it over the 1.5dci i went in intending to purchase.I test drove them back to back and didn't see much in it that made it worth the extra outlay.If i was intending to tow or do serious mileage i'd think twice about the petrol but if those don't apply to you i'd suggest giving it a test drive with an open mind.A few people have commented they thought it under powered but i couldn't reproduce that on test.I suppose it really depends what you are coming from and how you drive.
Nissan no more...
yozzer

Post by yozzer »

Brill, Splank, going to north Wales soon, plenty of hills there, to test it out
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

"underpowered" is down to each individual driver though. As a petrol head, I was expecting the worst when I was thrown the key to test drive the 1.2, I was, in my head comparing it to the 1.2 DIG-S in the newer generation Micra, same engine size, still a boosted engine and same amount of HP output... the main different is the DIG-T in the QQ has 4 cyl's rather than the Micra's 3.... but even so the comparison was made. People do have to appreciate that it IS a 1.2 so its never going to be a sporty engine, and yes playing traffic light GP you might end up a little embarrassed, and it may start to struggle with really heavy loads (I would suggest not towing a caravan with it, but if you intend on doing that then you should be looking at derv anyway due to the engines characteristics!!), but the QQ was not designed as a sports car. If you have come from a sporty hatch to the 1.2 QQ, yes you will find that it is slower. However, it has more than enough umph to make decent progress when you stomp your foot down, perfect around town, and good for the occasional trek! If after the test drive you feel that way, then simply don't go for it, either opt for a derv if your driving style suits it, or wait for the 1.6DIG-T engine that's been promised later this year. Me.. im happy with the 1.2 for now and will evaluate the 1.6DIG-T when it comes out as a possible upgrade!
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

Hi, I've covered nearly 2000 mls now and have been to n.wales and the lake district last week.
I would say that 90 percent of the time it is fine and just lacks that little bit at times if your in the wrong gear or behind a slow driver on a road with short straights. I p/exd a Golf Gti and I think for the size of engine the qq is ok.
The upside is an average of 40 mpg and improving. On most trips it is returning high 40, s.
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

We have been to Whitby for a couple of nights and back home via Aidensfield!. I found that the gear ratios take a little getting used to but the beast performed well returning an average of 44 for the whole trip, combined motorway and road trip. I found that there was more power up the hills, compared to the 1.6 juke we traded in.All in all well chuffed and still smiling from ear to ear. 200 miles done 1/4 tank of juice used much better than the Juke.jukester462014-04-27 21:31:10
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have just been having a quick read up on we are going to get next week so I thought I would share it if of any interest - Dave
The 1.2 DIG-T Turbocharged Engine :
is a new downsized turbocharged engine offering greater performance, economy and lower emissions. The Renault-Nissan Alliance-developed 1.2-liter DIG-T petrol engine tuned specifically by Nissan for the new Qashqai is an advanced turbocharged direct injection engine delivering 115 PS (113 hp, 85kW) and generating 190 Nm (140 lb-ft) of torque @ 2000 U/min. Driving through a six-speed manual transmission and despite its modest size, the 1.2-litre (1197cc) turbocharged engine packs a real punch, offering sharper acceleration and greater flexibility. Its lower weight, standard automatic Stop/Start ignition and more fuel-efficient operation, including a regenerative alternator, optimised gear ratios and special low-viscosity oils means that it is considerably cleaner and has a more economical performance. The 1.2 DIG-T engine emits 129g/km of CO2 and has a fuel consumption figure of 5.6 l/100km.

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Florinm

Post by Florinm »

Other opinions ?
Last edited by Florinm on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ProceSS

Post by ProceSS »

I have a 1.6 DiG-T Juke [190BHP"]] and I'm waiting for 1.2 DiG-T QQ.I must say this engines are GREAT I had a test drive new QQ 1.2 and this engine is absolutely enough for the "family car".With my Juke most of the time drive is around 30-50 mph. in 1.2 DiG-T because Torque is 190Nm @ 2000 rpm is enough to accelerate and "cruise" on motorway.IMO if you need a car for towing caravan or "climbing mountain" go for 4x4 only ! or maybe consider X-Trail 4x4 [larger and heavier"]]
:geek: QQ TEKNA 1.2DIG-T NIGHSHADE - 2014 :geek: