Juddering 1.5Ddci i 5th + 6th, ESP, slip + oil fault

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
keysie

Post by keysie »

Hello

Had a 2012 Qashqai 1.5 dci for a couple of years. Has only done 40k but we give it a good blast in 4th once a week having read extensively about the dpf issues.

Last week my wife took the mother-in-law back to Luton airport. Coming off the M1, the car began to judder, particularly in 5th and 6th and she had to drive back in 3rd and 4th all the way back. During this time, the orange ESP (traction) and slip warning lights came on. Worryingly the oil pressure light then came on. She managed to get home but it seemed to be a big problem above 50mph.

I took the car out a few hours later and got it above 60 no problem but when I started up, only the ESP and slip lights were on. These eventually went off when I started the engine again after stopping.

Just wondered if anyone had experienced anything like this. I know sensors can be faulty and that weather can play a part but the juddering was a real concern and has put us off a longer journey for now. Garage can't look at it for a week.

I have read up a lot and it could be....

The car running on 3 instead of 4 cylinders
A fuel pump is needed
Sensor faults and a chain reaction that caused a loss of engine power (???)
The dreaded dpf needing replacing or a regeneration...
A new hose needed

My knowledge of cars and the technical side of things is awful but this car has been so good to us, I'm just hoping to find out what is wrong so any ideas welcome. I have taken to the forum because it appears some garages and dealers either don't detect the problem or find the most expensive solution after diagnosis.

Thanks

THIS HAPPENED AFTER ECU UPDATE

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You missed out bad fuel ;)

To have all those faults it sounds like maybe the earth problem for the computer that some people have reported. Its a quick fix also if it is the case.

Good Luck
keysie wrote:Hello

The car running on 3 instead of 4 cylinders
A fuel pump is needed
Sensor faults and a chain reaction that caused a loss of engine power (???)
The dreaded dpf needing replacing or a regeneration...
A new hose needed

THIS HAPPENED AFTER ECU UPDATE
keysie

Post by keysie »

Thanks - the bad fuel problem would explain some of it because the Kerosene in the cheaper supermarket fuel can cause problems but the point is this was NEVER a problem prior to the computer upgrade.

To be honest, I've taken no chances and flogged the car to webuyanycar.com.... we maintained, serviced and drove it in such a way this fault could never be explained unless there was a serious underlying issue. The day we sold it, it started on the 4th turn of the key with BP Super Unleaded in the tank.

We rely on it too heavily so sold and getting a new car this week.