Noise/sound

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
mirdz

Post by mirdz »

I bought an Nissan Qashqai 2016 1.2 Turbo.

When I accelerate and reach over 2000 RPM and remove my foot from the gas it gives an knocking/ banging noise from the front ( enginge or turbo) im not sure where it comes from.

took it to the dealer and asked the mechanics they said that it is an normal sound.

Had a few turbo cars before, and never had that problem.

Does anybody know what it could be or have the same issue ?

jay70

Post by jay70 »

Is it a bang or a pop noise? Mine used to pop/puff when letting of the throttle and Nissan told me it was the EGR valve and all the 2016 cars do it.
mirdz

Post by mirdz »

@jay70 yes exactly pop/puff as you explain it. Ok so there is nothing to be done ?
jay70

Post by jay70 »

It does it on the over run and apparently it's how they are but bizarrely it happens at a different point in the rev range on the Pulsar with the same 1.2 dig t engine where by it does it as soon as you snap off the throttle.

I was told by the dealer it only happens on the 2016 QQ after I told the dealer other owners cars didn't have the same noise.,.....All I know is it was a bloody annoying noise!
Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

Can you record The Sound?
I have drive many cars Here an there is no Sound Like you say.
startv
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by startv »

Glad I found this post as my 2017 Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.2 Petrol Turbo has the same noise and I am planning to book in with dealer as thought was a fault.

Strangely had the car for over a year and a half but only noticed the sound in recent weeks.

I do get the swoosh whistle sound when releasing pedal and that sound dealer says is normal turbo but the clunking noise is when revvs go over 2000rpm and I let go of gas pedal, occurs if driving or if rev up when idle stationary.

Wonder if anyone managed to find out if was normal or not?