Diesel filter change

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Grazza1

Post by Grazza1 »

Hi
I'm hoping to change the Diesel filter myself and having watched some Youtube footage of a 2010 QQ D/filter being changed I made a start on it today. However, unlike the 2010 model used in the footage there appears to be no hand primer pump ( a sort of bulb-shaped squeezy tube) attached to the diesel supply line on my J11 2014, for filling the new filter up once changed. Anyone now if there is one, or does this model expel air in the system a different way. I'd actually removed the old one before I'd noticed that I couldn't see a pump, and so reinstated it still filled with the original diesel, rather than changing to the new one I'd bought. Also, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way of pre-filling the new filter with diesel to make the re-assembly easier or shorter. Now back together it seems to run fine ( only been out a couple of miles tho ) so far. Its not a difficult job providing I don't need some fancy gadget to bleed or pressure the system on completion... any clues before I take a brave pill and try again.

Thanks
Grazza1
J11 2014 1.5 Acenta Premium

Thrall

Post by Thrall »

On a 1.6 cDi, after fuel filter replacement, one leaves the ignition on for 30 secs. to purge the air before starting. If that doesnt work, you could still put the old filter in yet again. Good luck.
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.