nissan qashqai {ECM} software update

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
aseret83

Post by aseret83 »

I have a 61 1.5 DCI Qashqai.

After having a MOT and service, the car straight away sounded incredibly hoarse (even driving it away from the garage). A couple of days later, driving down a country road about 40mph the car begin to judder and was very intermittent. So I took i back to the Nissan dealership that serviced it, who carried out the service & MOT, they carried out this update......the car was quiet again and drove amazingly well. However when on a dual carriageway driving at 68 (on cruise control) the juddering started again and was a lot lot worse. Not even driving home at 35/40mph made the juddering stop. In the pitch black with my toddler in the car with me, it didn't make a good journey home.

I've dropped off the car at the dealership and will be calling at 8am to get it sorted, with my child in the car I will not be fobbed off as the drive last night was so much worse than before - it seriously felt as it would clap out.

This is my second Qashqai after the first one's clutch went (after a couple of years old), now this = not happy.

Dazzad

Post by Dazzad »

Had my 11 plate 1.5 dci update done on 12/12/16 after receiving the dreaded letter, after waiting for 2 hours instead of 1 as the dealer completed the update I drove the car away and the car started to make a loud knocking noise that wasn't there before I contacted the dealer and they informed me that this was normal and was a side effect of the update and would go in 2-3 weeks 12 and a half weeks later it is still there, I was informed after contacting them again 6 weeks after the update that it will now take 8-10 weeks FOBBING us off I think. After a few days of the update the car started to judder intermittently, it has happened 12 times since once at 60 mph with my 20 month old grandson in the car (not happy) so I contacted the dealer to inform them and they have had the car back three times to try to resolve the issue but like always the diagnostic equipment could find no fault, all they said was it could be the clutch FOB OFF AGAIN.
Next step was to contact nissan uk (who are worse than useless) with phone calls mainly from me over the past week, they basically said that the technical department have had no other complaints about the two issues which surprises me, and if I take the car back to the dealers then I will be liable for costs which I laughed at the case manager and asked to speak to his supervisor to which he said he was more than capable of dealing with the case to which I laughed again. I am now waiting for the supervisor to call back within 48 working hours.
In the meantime I have already contacted citizens advice and sent emails to watchdog and the motor ombudsman so will not be giving up on this as the car is not right since the update and who knows what damage is being done when it makes the knocking noise and judders.
I am interested to see who else has had contact with nissan uk.
babs

Post by babs »

Hi
I have the same problem had the {ECM} software update in January 2 weeks later I had red engine management light and the car started juddering, AA called and said the system was showing a problem with injector 1 and 2 had the injectors tested, result they were fine but discovered a split in the pipe from the manifold changed that and the glow plugs as 1 was faulty this improved the problem but the engine is still very noisy and it still not running smoothly. I didn’t take the car to Nissan but was starting to suspect that the upgrade was the problem as I had no problems until then. Mine is a 1.5 Qashqai 1.5 diesel (J10) pure drive on a 11 plate only done 55,000. Have contacted Nissan customer services and consumer people waiting for a reply, also in dispute with Nissan supplier garage as we booked a diagnostics after all the part changes did not solve the problem paid £108 for full diagnostics and report and got 5 written lines on a sheet of paper a mechanic telling us its running like a pig the problem could be a glow plug or injector and it would cost £650 to strip it down and investigate we didn’t get the diagnostic report we stated we wanted when we booked it in
Has anyone had a result from Nissan over this problem?
Can the upgrade they did be reversed
fabes

Post by fabes »

Hi

Sorry to hear of all your woes on what is the same car as i have

I understand the upgrade will not be reversed as it was safety related (apparently)

Umm...Good luck...
aseret83

Post by aseret83 »

So after I took my Qashqai to an independent garage (as I got nowhere with the Nissan garage) in regards to the juddering,after 2 mins of driving the car and checking it over,they confirmed that I have a faulty dual mass flywheel which will cost £1500+ to repair.
steve 46

Post by steve 46 »

Let me guess nissan say its not their fault and you have to pay for it yourself
aseret83

Post by aseret83 »

Will finding out tomorrow-they've had the car 3 times and as the computer isn't showing a fault,they cant/won't find out the problem.
steve 46

Post by steve 46 »

Last time i had it to nissan they said car was fine no faults and i should ignore the ratttle
steve 46

Post by steve 46 »

Have had problems since update but have just done trip to manchester and next day engine rattle is quieter mpg is still down but after 6 months of the rattle i can now drive the car without music on full blast to drown out the rattle
Hope other people have the same luck😆😆
Will let you all know if it returns but hopefully it wont
02jonesn

Post by 02jonesn »

I've a similar problem since update and service. Traction lights on and red or amber engine light on depending how the car feels.
Any cures?
Thanks