Attn : Qashqai J11 1.5 DCi owners - check this

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

I was at my local dealer today , and it was pointed out to me that my 3 week old car needs a new air con pipe.
This only affects Diesel engine cars ( I checked out 1.2 petrol and its ok )

The pipe rubs on the engine cover and wears through very quickly. Please see the picture
Mine had a deep groove in it after 2000 miles

Well worth a check , and get it changed before the very expensive air con gas escapes .

IMG_3756.JPG

Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

That is worthwhile information for Diesel Owners, it looks like a longer or re-routed pipe is required because as mentioned this new fluid costs. We have a Petrol and No Engine Cover. I think if it were me I would immediately investigate this point and perhaps wrap some Split Plastic Covering around this Pipe with some Cable Ties. Naturally a harder material such as steel covering would be stronger and prevent wear but most probably not split and therefore difficult to assemble.
When our QQ was new I found also a lot of tight Electrical Cables and uncovered Cable ends which I decided to cover with adhesive electrical tape for safety.
This problem needs individual assessment and then a visit to Nissan for correction under Guarantee - Dave ;)

IMG_1599.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Coupe racing wrote:I was at my local dealer today , and it was pointed out to me that my 3 week old car needs a new air con pipe.
This only affects Diesel engine cars ( I checked out 1.2 petrol and its ok )

The pipe rubs on the engine cover and wears through very quickly. Please see the picture
Mine had a deep groove in it after 2000 miles

Well worth a check , and get it changed before the very expensive air con gas escapes .
Thank you for this. Going go & check on mine.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This is my situation on my May 14 1.5dci; routing is well clear of housing :)

1.5dci  514 (2).jpg

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Worth a check though
Mine is ok when the engine is switched off but when I feel between then pipe and cover , then there is a deep groove in the pipe where contact has been made.

Glad yours is ok
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

You seem to have a kinky one!
Hopefully the replacement will be straighter like mine.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D