Engine Oil Service

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Tombaa

Post by Tombaa »

Hi,
quick question, I had a browse through the forums search function, but couldn't find a specific answer regarding it.
My Nissan QQ 2014 DCi had the engine oil service warning pop up last night with the warning light, and considering I found a few posts saying how it can be reset, is it safe to drive on for longer periods of time, if there is still engine oil in it and it has been refilled lately if I just reset the warning, or should I take it to the dealer ASAP to get it looked over?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Bung "engine oil" in top left search box, and find posts such as:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3709&p=40533&hilit ... ing#p40533
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You're meant to get your car serviced before the service warning comes on, well in the ideal world you should. Just get it serviced like everyone else :roll: .
Tombaa wrote:Hi,
quick question, I had a browse through the forums search function, but couldn't find a specific answer regarding it.
My Nissan QQ 2014 DCi had the engine oil service warning pop up last night with the warning light, and considering I found a few posts saying how it can be reset, is it safe to drive on for longer periods of time, if there is still engine oil in it and it has been refilled lately if I just reset the warning, or should I take it to the dealer ASAP to get it looked over?