2016 Qashqai problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
jay70

Post by jay70 »

gvmdaddy wrote:Have a little play about and use the speed limiter (not the cruise control) and you'll find your figures as high as the high 60s to mid 70s.
Its easy to set and easy and quick to change speed limits as signed appropriately. Its tought me that I used to drive constantly 5-7mph over the lower speed limits as I now feel im being held back. Its no problem as my journeys are always short so im not losing any time. Honestly, try it and you will save a fortune. Im coming to the end of my first tankfull using it and my average mpg has incresed from low 50s to mid/high 60s.
The point of the mpg post was to highlight how bad my 1.2 dig-t is on fuel in comparison to the 1.6 dig-t I have as a courtesy car. As i posted earlier in the thread, my around town average in the 1.2 dig-t is 28mpg and the best I've got on a run is 37mpg which is well short of the 1.6.

jay70

Post by jay70 »

The dealer has had my car for over a week now and I've had no contact with regards what is actually happening. Twice now I've spoken to Nissan customer services and twice they have said they will call me back, still nothing! .....It really is that age old case of once they've got your money they don't really care and I'm actually amazed at the after sales, there really isn't any.

One thing that did make me laugh is a manager at the dealers telling my wife that it's quite usual for a brandnew car to come back after a couple of months "to have things tightened up". The only reason for that to happen would be if it hadn't been screwed together right in the first place!
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Update time.....

I received a call on Wednesday telling me the car was all fixed, the engine had been removed and the timing chain issue resolved, so after work I headed up there with my wife.

At this point with regards to rejecting the car, I had read the consumer law act regarding new cars and it states that if the car is older than 30 days but less than 6 months the dealer has one attempt to fix the car and if that's unsuccessful then you’re entitled to a full refund – or a partial refund, taking into account the mileage and wear and tear the car has experienced since you took delivery.

Once at the dealers the car is brought round for us by the assistant service manage(who I must add has been great up to this point). We head out for a little test drive to try and highlight the "clunking gear change" issue and my concern about the mpg. During the test drive the car was faultless, no clunking, no engine rattle but not really enough miles covered to determine any mpg issue. Once back at the dealers, the assistant manger goes inside to get my a form to document petrol fill ups vs litres vs miles so we can get an idea of what mpg it is returning and to see if there is an issue. Whilst he was inside I noticed some damage to the front of the car, a scuff on the front bumper skid plate and a broken front camera which wasn't like that when we dropped it off. I pointed this out when he returned and he assured me it would be put right.....So we left leaving the car there and taking the courtesy car.

Late yesterday afternoon I received a call saying once again the car was ready for collection but being so late in the afternoon it was too late to pick up so arranged to pick it this morning we me going in late to work. The car looked good, the scuff had been sorted and camera was all fixed so I said my thankyou's, left and dropped the car off home before I headed to work. I get in this evening and my wife tells me its clucking in gear and clunking under the car!!! So I head off for a test drive and sure enough it's clunking, sometimes loud and sometimes not so.

............Time to head back to the dealers!

When we arrive the assistant manger greets us and I tell him the issues. We head out again for a test drive with him driving.....Sure enough, it's clunking for which he tells me its the brake pads moving in the carrier and it's not a clunking in gear issue. Sure enough, if you reverse then move forward there is a loud clunk from under the car. I'm told that it's a characteristic of the car???.....I'm sorry but I'm not paying the best part of £24k for a car that gives off a loud clunk every time you reverse then head off forward!.....

Now at this point he's got me convinced that the noise is just the brake pads moving and not the gear change so he tells me he'll contact Nissan to see what can be sorted for which I agree and head off home.......I get less than 500 yards from home and I change from second to 3rd and "clunk" I didn't even touch the bloody brakes!....So there definitely is a gear change clunk and it appears the brake pads also clunk, so off I go again there tomorrow.!

Anyone else's brakes clunk when going from reverse to moving forward?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Not mine.
jay70 wrote:Update time.....
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Daewar wrote:Not mine.
jay70 wrote:Update time.....
..........and neither did the Qashqai courtesy car they gave me, or did it have an engine rattle, a clunk selecting gear or appear to have the fuel consumption of a V8!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Yes the brakes do clunk loudly when braking whilst moving forwards after having been used either in reverse or on an incline. You will onky hear it with the window open. It is normal and has been commented on numerous times on here in other posts. Nissan say its nothing to worry about.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

gvmdaddy wrote:Yes the brakes do clunk loudly when braking whilst moving forwards after having been used either in reverse or on an incline. You will onky hear it with the window open. It is normal and has been commented on numerous times on here in other posts. Nissan say its nothing to worry about.
There was no clunk anywhere in the first 1500 miles of ownership irrelevant of whether Nissan say it's nothing to worry about or not. Also, this noise can be heard with the windows up as well as being able to feel it whilst sitting in the rear......That's not right.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

The car is once again back at the dealers but this time I emptied it of all my belongings, gave them the keys, told them I don't want it and walked home!

Whilst I was there, there were a few people with their own problems. One guy with a 2014 Qashqai who has been waiting since January to have his suspension sorted under warranty and an elderly couple wandering why their Juke was loosing oil......

Next step for me........legal.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Since I took the car back to the dealership on Saturday and being told a manager would call me on the Monday I've heard nothing (unsurprisingly) but I did get a call from my Nissan customer services case manager on Monday lunchtime, only 3 weeks after he said he would call me back in two days! lol

After a lengthy discussion he told me he would call the dealership and would call me back before the end of the day. Yeah well, that didn't happen! He also didn't call back Tuesday, or Yesterday!

So I called him yesterday lunchtime to be told he hadn't heard back from the service manager and that he would call him now and call me back.....Once again no call back!.....and the same today, haven't heard a thing.

Enough's enough, so I headed up to the dealers this afternoon and hand delivered a rejection letter and that's where we're at....No car and no courtesy car, my wife has had to walk our daughter to school this week then get a 2 busses to work.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

I finally managed to get hold of my customer services case manager this afternoon who told me that Nissan will not accept my request to reject the car under the current issues.

Basically....I've been told that the dealer has a right to try and fix any issue with a car so you could have one different issue per week and there is nothing you can do because of their right to try and fix......Also that even with a problem that the dealer has "fixed" yet reoccurs it is still up to Nissan whether they reject that car or not which goes against the consumer rights act 2015 regarding new cars.

In essence, one you're into a deal you're in and there really is no way out unless you are very lucky.!

So the options I was given from Nissan customer services.

Option 1 - I go to the dealers, collect the car and just accept the issues.

or

Option 2- Once again I let the dealer try and fix the clunking issues and restore my faith in the brand, which if funny because they couldn't find nothing clunking when it was in for the engine removal and timing chain fix.

Obviously I chose or was more forced into option 2.!!

So once "I had made my decision" I asked about a courtesy car, the case manager said he would speak to the dealer again to see if they had car. A couple of hours later he called back saying my car had been looked at and there is nothing wrong with it and it's ready for collection.....??

I questioned this but he said again it was ready for collection, so my wife and I made our way to the dealers a little confused. I spoke to the lady on service and told her I was here to collect my car and gave her the details. She went off and 5 minutes later came back and said they were ordering us a hire car so I told her what the case manager had told me....She was as confused as I was.!

So at this moment in time, I can't reject the car because the Nissan mafia say I can't, the car is still at the dealers having not been looked at even though the case manager said it had and it was fine and I have a Vauxhall Mokka as a hire car!