2016 Qashqai problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Just been called by Nissan telling me my car now needs a new axle!

Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Why? How can that effect mpg? Unless it's bent causing the car to drag may be?
jay70

Post by jay70 »

The axle is related to the creaking not the mpg
Richo

Post by Richo »

Although not mechanically related but I can sympathise with you on the customer service. I own a J10 lemon and have had to suffer the same ignorant arrogant service from dealers and NMGB. They are only interested in the customer when he or she is handing over cash. I'm just living with the various rattles, rumbles and splutters. My advice is get rid of before the warranty is up. My experience and info from my local garage us that these are built to last 3 years. If you are a lucky one then congratulations. The 1.2 engine is riddled with problems in all models its fitted to. Don't get excited over the 1.6dci as that's what I've got and it isn't much better.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

I had a call today from the dealer with an offer to get out of the 3500 mile 1.2dig-t N-Connecta that I own and into a new 1.6dig-t N-Connecta..............It will cost me just over £5k to go ahead.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Jay surely they should change it for free knowing your issues !
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Quashqui 2202

Post by Quashqui 2202 »

Richo wrote:Although not mechanically related but I can sympathise with you on the customer service. I own a J10 lemon and have had to suffer the same ignorant arrogant service from dealers and NMGB. They are only interested in the customer when he or she is handing over cash. I'm just living with the various rattles, rumbles and splutters. My advice is get rid of before the warranty is up. My experience and info from my local garage us that these are built to last 3 years. If you are a lucky one then congratulations. The 1.2 engine is riddled with problems in all models its fitted to. Don't get excited over the 1.6dci as that's what I've got and it isn't much better.

Good Evening

I drive a Quashqui Acenta DIG-T CTV,my problems started with a flat battery after the second time off calling out the RAC who suggested that I take the car to the Dealer,it was indeed a flat battery and was changed but the worst news was a rattling noise coming from the engine and a high oil consumption,once the technician had done a compression test it confirmed that l needed a new engine,l was very disappointed with the news as it's only done 18000 miles.
Hopefully it will be resolved as it's under warranty, l will be changing the car asap and it's definitely not going to be a Quashqui.
Thanks for the Head's Up.

Will keep you posted

Kind regards

Mike

Post by 298 »

Regarding the 1.2 engine problems, has anyone received a respectable offer from Nissan to buy their car back, instead of what is basically a part-ex into more years of the misery that is Nissan ownership...?

Mine is due for a service a few months before the warranty ends and I'm thinking of asking for a compression test, just in case.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
Quashqui 2202

Post by Quashqui 2202 »

I'm not at that stage just yet ,once I have the new engine l will be asking the question.....if l can l will just hand the car back and walk away if l don't receive a satisfactory offer, not interested in Nissan anymore......l must say l didn't have a problem with the Juke.

Mike
Quashqui 2202

Post by Quashqui 2202 »

298 wrote:Regarding the 1.2 engine problems, has anyone received a respectable offer from Nissan to buy their car back, instead of what is basically a part-ex into more years of the misery that is Nissan ownership...?

Mine is due for a service a few months before the warranty ends and I'm thinking of asking for a compression test, just in case.
Mine is a 1.2 turbo.
Let me know how you get on .

Mike