2016 Qashqai problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
lola

Post by lola »

If you are right why is Nissan has extended its warranty in the USA and Canada ????

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

lola, read this and perhaps this will explain why Nissan have extended this Guarantee - Dave

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jay70

Post by jay70 »

I have now started the process of rejecting the car, the reason for this is firstly the engine rattle for which I haven't heard anything from the dealer in terms of a fix since I collected it last Wednesday and now it has developed a new noise. I now have cluck when changing gear!.......This car brings a whole new definition to the word Lemon!
lola

Post by lola »

As I said before I have been through all this. This is how my car started.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

So it's been 3 days since Nissan customer services said a case manger would call me back within 3 days, guess what?...No call back!

..........so I've just called them only to be told that my case manager is off work unexpectedly and will call me sometime next week...Am I being fobbed off? Absolutely!
lola

Post by lola »

Hi j70 did you buy from Nissan dealer ? If you did then you probably have a chance of a goodwill gesture. If no then no chance
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Yes lola, I bought it new from a Nissan main dealer.

I've just got back from the dealers as advised by customer services rep to try and get it booked in. Apparently the reason I haven't had a call back regarding the timing chain is because it's not even on their system that it needs sorting! The only info they have on their system is that when it was picked up when it was diagnosed with a timing chain issue, I had to pay £20 for fuel because there wasn't enough for a long test drive, nothing on there regrading having it back in to have it fixed.....You couldn't make it up!

The car has been left there but I've told them I don't want it back and fully intend to call the finance company and explain to them why I don't want it back....In the meantime they have given me a courtesy car....Another Qashqai!
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Regarding my poor MPG....

The courtesy Qashqai they have given me is a brandnew Tekna with just 34 miles on the clock and the 1.6 dig-t engine as opposed to my 1.2 dig-t. I went out in it this morning and from cold start covered about 8 miles and it was returning 38.6mpg.....Makes a mockery of my mpg, I couldn't even get that at a steady 65mph whilst sat on A16 toll road in France a few weeks ago and it's 10 miles more than I get around town!
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Just another little post regards MPG in the 1.6 dig-t courtesy car.

We've just been to see some friends who live about 30 miles from us. The Journey takes us on A roads and some nice B roads, no dual carriage way or motorways. On the way there without going over 65mph the car recorded and average mpg of 44 and peaked at 48......On the way back I was stuck behind a few cars and didn't get over 60 and it peaked at 50 and recorded 49.

This is on car that has covered just 100 miles from new, so not even run in.....This is the sort of mpg I was expecting with the 1.2 and what the salesman told me was possible!

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Have a little play about and use the speed limiter (not the cruise control) and you'll find your figures as high as the high 60s to mid 70s.
Its easy to set and easy and quick to change speed limits as signed appropriately. Its tought me that I used to drive constantly 5-7mph over the lower speed limits as I now feel im being held back. Its no problem as my journeys are always short so im not losing any time. Honestly, try it and you will save a fortune. Im coming to the end of my first tankfull using it and my average mpg has incresed from low 50s to mid/high 60s.