2016 Qashqai problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Bros

Post by Bros »

Sorry to hear of the shocking service you have had re your new car.
It beggars belief what garages get away with nowadays.

You mentioned earlier about going "legal next" did you ever do that and if so what was the legal side regards your issues.
I personally would track down the CEO and give him all this info, it would be very interesting to see if he thinks you have been treated fairly.
Trading standards or equivilant etc for a bit more advice might be worthwhile at least you would know your rights.

I hope you get the issues resolved to your satisfaction.
If it was me I would be doing conversations via email or letter so you have proof of what was discussed.

Good luck

Cheers
Bobby
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2

jay70

Post by jay70 »

Bros wrote:Sorry to hear of the shocking service you have had re your new car.
It beggars belief what garages get away with nowadays.

You mentioned earlier about going "legal next" did you ever do that and if so what was the legal side regards your issues.
I personally would track down the CEO and give him all this info, it would be very interesting to see if he thinks you have been treated fairly.
Trading standards or equivilant etc for a bit more advice might be worthwhile at least you would know your rights.

I hope you get the issues resolved to your satisfaction.
If it was me I would be doing conversations via email or letter so you have proof of what was discussed.

Good luck

Cheers
Bobby
I've spoken to CAB and also trading standards and even though they agree there could be a case it's going to cost money, money I haven't really got.
I think my route when I get the car back is to trade it in and take a financial hit, the car is practically still new having only covered 2500 miles.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Maybe if you get the Ombudsman and the media involved, a solution will be reached more quickly.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
jay70

Post by jay70 »

So we collected the car on Tuesday but today is the first time I've driven it due to working away(My has been driving it)

The clunk which they said was a "characteristic" of the car does appear to have gone, I think what they have done is remove the rear brake pads and copper slip them.

As for the suspension creak.............Well it still sounds like the floor boards in a haunted house.!
jay70

Post by jay70 »

I'm currently recording my mpg as advised by the dealer because of my mpg concern. The form they gave me requires me to record the mpg 3 times, how much fuel I put in in litres and the miles covered.

I've just finished my first go. I filled the tank with zero miles on the fuel computer which took 50 litres. With those 50 litres I've manged 329 miles which equates to 29.9 mpg..........That's pretty poor in my book.

We'll see what the next 2 goes brings.
redqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by redqashqai »

jay70 wrote:I filled the tank with zero miles on the fuel computer which took 50 litres. With those 50 litres I've manged 329 miles which equates to 29.9 mpg..........That's pretty poor in my book.
Something wrong there. I have the same 1.2 petrol engine and if I put 50 litres in then I expect around 500 miles. Only time I get less than 30 mpg is a short trip to the shops with a cold engine. I often get around 50 mpg on longer trips. Average out at around 44 mpg.

Six months from new, 2,800 on the clock.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

redqashqai wrote:
jay70 wrote:I filled the tank with zero miles on the fuel computer which took 50 litres. With those 50 litres I've manged 329 miles which equates to 29.9 mpg..........That's pretty poor in my book.
Something wrong there. I have the same 1.2 petrol engine and if I put 50 litres in then I expect around 500 miles. Only time I get less than 30 mpg is a short trip to the shops with a cold engine. I often get around 50 mpg on longer trips. Average out at around 44 mpg.

Six months from new, 2,800 on the clock.
With all the issues I've had with this car the poor mpg doesn't really surprise me, it really is a lemon! Our mileage is almost identical and from the research I've done with regards to mpg it does vary from car to car. Your mpg does appear to be at the higher end whilst mine is the worst I've come across and it's an issue I brought up with the salesman when the car first went back to the dealers with only a few hundred miles on the clock.
redqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by redqashqai »

I know that i would be devastated if i felt like you about my car and i have no desire to rub salt into the wounds.
My experience has been the polar opposite to yours. I will post a review tonight on a new thread when i get home.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

I've just noticed yours is also an N-Connecta as is mine, what a complete contrast in our cars! lol
jay70

Post by jay70 »

Just finished my second tank of fuel.

52 litres to top it up and the car has managed 335 miles which equates to 29.2 which is basically identical to the first documented tankful. One more documented tank before I can take it up with Nissan!

Tank 1 - 50 litres @329 = 29.9

Tank 2 - 52 litres@335 - 29.2