Intermittent Accelleration On Motorways and Black Smoke

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
thesaintlyone

Post by thesaintlyone »

Hello

New to the forum
My 2007 Qashqai 1.5DCi has 167k miles on the clock and in may 2016 had a 2009 engine fitted with 67k. The car starts fine and around town is good but when I take it onto the motorway or dual carriageway it appears to act like the brake is being applied very gently i.e. a little hesitant this is particually noticeable going up hill. There also appears to be excessive black smoke when accellerating almost like and old style diesel.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Check for a split hose or intercooler after the turbo would be my initial guess. Might not be immediately obvious.

Does it make any obvious hissing noises, or the turbo sound like its working harder than usual?
thesaintlyone

Post by thesaintlyone »

Not noticed anything but will check did have a hose replaced on the turbo before the engine change but will have a look.
thesaintlyone

Post by thesaintlyone »

Hello
Had a friend tighten up some loose hoses after giving it the once over and also cleaned out the EGR valve which possibly was the first time

Runs sweet as a nut now

Many Thanks
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

How do you clean out the EGR valve?
Is it something that anyone could do easily?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I've not carried out myself, but having read some forum posts it usually involves dismantling the valve / housing after removing it from the car. Its attached to the exhaust / intake system. Its a messy job and in some cases people have had to replace the assembly.

There are also its you can buy to block it off, this usually requires some software changes to the cars ECU.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=egr+v ... 0&bih=1113
gvmdaddy wrote:How do you clean out the EGR valve?
Is it something that anyone could do easily?