Nissan Qashqai+2 1.6dci 2013

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Soul

Post by Soul »

Morning
I hope someone can help me
I bought a Qashqai+2 1.6dci few months ago and has been great since last week when Start\Stop Fault came on, few days ago an Orange Engine Management light came on. I took it to my local Mechanic who cleared the error for the Engine Managment and said he is not sure about the Start Stop as that is something Nissan can only read but mentioned something about NAT. The Orange Engine Management light he said was The DPF filter light, which was at 40%. This morning the lights came on the Orange and the Red Engine Management. The car also struggled to go over 2000 revs
Before I take it to Nissan I just wanted to ask if anyone else had a similar issue and what it could be so that I know how much will it cost.
I think it has a DPF filter light or at least it seems it has but I never saw it come on.

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

A common cause of the stop/start fault is a weak battery, but I doubt that would be a magic fix considering your symptoms. Can you pull a fault code at all, with a Bluetooth OBD2 device?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Soul

Post by Soul »

Morning
Sorry for the late reply, is there one you would recommend or have used as someone mentioned that some OBD readers work only on petrol cars.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I have used a VGate Scan ELM327 OBD2 adapter with Torque Pro (Android) to identify a sensor fault.

vgate.jpg

I didn't know it wasn't supposed to work with diesels until I'd successfully used it, LOL.

Screenshot.jpg

However it must be version 1.5 and not the v2.1 which I've yet to see work on anything. I think I was also using Android 4 (Jellybean) at the time; not tried it with Lollipop (my phone's too old now for Marshmallow).

I'm sure others could suggest a potentially more reliable device though, just in case I got lucky with mine.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Just checked on Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop)

scan.jpg

Also did fault scan; no codes stored in ECU. Yay!

Can't your mechanic do this for you, though, so that you potentially have an error code to give to Nissan?
Soul

Post by Soul »

Hi
Thank you for the info, I will check with my Mechanic on Monday.
Soul

Post by Soul »

I manage to get the codes Today, There are two codes P242F (Mode A) and P242F (Mode 7)
I have manage to clear the codes and it does seem it is the DPF Filter
I am going to take the car on the Motorway now to see if I can clear it.
The Start Stop light is still there but I think it could be the battery as well as, my kids always leave the lights on in the back, but I am not worried about Start Stop as I would prefer without it anyway

codes.jpg

Soul

Post by Soul »

Hi

Just come back and all seems to be working, just drove 30mins on the motorway and all seems to be ok. Evan the Stop/Start error has gone as well.
seems like the best £5 I spent. I have also ordered the bluetooth version as well same as yours and might keep that in the car
see how it goes next week :?:
Hound

Post by Hound »

Although I have never used their service I have heard a favourable mention of the Ceramex process to regenerate the DPF (Gel found the link originally I believe). It supposedly costs around £350, so if Nissan charges more, or say it needs an even more expensive replacement, a garage that does this process may sort you out. Unipart apparently lists suitable places on http://www.uccc.co.uk/

http://www.ceramex.com/faq/
https://twitter.com/_ceramex

Ooh, my 500th post! :o
Soul

Post by Soul »

Hi

Just wanted to update about the problem I had. The car has been working fine since. I have been using it for a few weeks now and no issues. I think the DPF light doesn't work, I will just have to keep on eye on it.

Thank You