My new CVT Qashqai .... leaking!

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
fizzystutter

Post by fizzystutter »

Hi,I've had 3 weeks of ownership and then Wednesday I was travelling along the M62. The engine shut off because I was sat in traffic ... and then as the traffic in front of me set off, I lifted my foot of the brake, the engine started and found that the revs were raising very very slowly. Fortunately I was going down a slight hill and was able to get to the hard shoulder.No go whatsoever in Drive and the revs were very low. Called the RAC and whilst waiting I noticed the puddle of fluid under the car (see the pic below):To cut a long story short, a clip connecting a hose has either broken, come loose or originally wasn't fastened correctly.Due to the large amount of transmission fluid being left on the hard shoulder my new car is now sat at a dealer (not the original one) awaiting said fluid...... which could be 2 weeks due to it being "a special mix".I'm not going to rattle on about the courtesy car I was offered... needless to say a new Qashqai wasn't available, but I must have wasted 8 hours trying to sort a suitable replacement out.Not happy.James

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Does not sound serious thankfully but the wait of 2 weeks for fluid is taking the pi$$.

Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Unfortunately the first breakdown ive read mate it must be a gutterCurtosey cars always an issue I remember my Jag when I first got it went in for recall and i ended up with an old FocusLets hope they get it sorted for you quicklyNever heard of such tosh special mix to be honest remind them its a CVT box and if what they say are true what happens on the PDI if it needs topping up (clearly they dont check levels)Anyway tell them it dont run on pixie dust and to pull there finger out
fizzystutter

Post by fizzystutter »

The dealer who has my car offered me a Mirca and the dealer who sold the car offered me a Micra or a Note.Nissan Uk's official line was "we have a responsibility to get you back on the road and that is what we're doing by offering you a Micra".Needless to say I pointed out that I'd just spend £27.5k on a brand new car which had broken down after just 3 weeks and a Micra courtesy car for 2 weeks is not good enough. Therefore if they can't find something better they can keep the car and give me my money back.I'm now in a 62 plate manual Qashqai which struggles to get to 60mph on the motorway.Tomorrow I'll be back on their case re the fluid.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Define your arguement to your car matethey will prefer you to concentrate on the loan car simply as no one will listen, a temporary vehicle been given we all feel your pain but they met there obligations im afraidWhere as you got a fantastic case not only in the breakdown but there arguement it takes 2 weeks to get fluid, thats just daftIf you can although you may feel like throwing the car back at them don tdo this or say this as legaly your in very very grey area in fact your actualy in the wrong mate they have to have a chance to rectify the problem in a timely fashion and minimise disruption to youNot teaching granny to suck eggs but a devastated owner upset at the car breaking down stance will go a lot further than a unhappy one maybe looking at getting out of contract
fizzystutter

Post by fizzystutter »

I had 2 issues, the first being the courtesy car (which is now sorted - albeit not perfect). The second being the length of time I'm being quoted on sourcing the fluid.I wasn't happy with their solution of a Micra or a Note, therefore I had to use everything to get their attention.Tomorrow I expect to get a call from Nissan UK at which point I can concentrate on the fluid issue.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

with replacement vehicles no one is ever happy mateIf you have a Ferrari have a guess what they lend youUnless its an insurance claim a like for like vehicle is very rare, its not even a legal obligation thats why I said just concentrate on the repair as the loan car takes you nowhere im afraidReason why I said be cautious at speaking of backing the car again you actually cant do that at this moment, you need evidence of repeated failures and poor repairs im afraidThe Dealer has the right to repair the car or appoint someone to get it repaired, you have to act reasonablly to allow this even though its a stressfull time making statements you may return the car wont help your position I fully accept it feels like end of the world we would all feel the same but try and keep your reactions to it level headedA devastated anxious customer will carry a lot more weight than a customer apearing to moan and stat things that they cant do trust meYou cant back your car even if you wanted to over this without it costing you a sh*t load of cash, they know this and so should you so when dealing with them use kid glovesAs its a long term repair you might explain you cant use a small car maybe for medical reasons or maybe you carry items that are too large They might hire you a car thats reasonable although you say your in a older QQ that will be seen as acceptable im afraidThese cars as you know simply thin on the ground, at moment obtaining a similar model difficultI always say throwing toys out early isnt a wise move unless you paid cash and can take a hit its not a path to even threaten what if dealer says ok well resell it for youPCP finance even company lease will not accept a pipe coming loose as a reason to end the contract even if you lob the fact the loan car wasnt to your likingJust a matter of fact all im saying
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Sad to hear of your issue but have to agree with Donkey.Not a lot you can do until the car has multiple issues I'm afraid. As Donkey said you can always try for an equal sized vehicle claiming a medical or physical need, or indeed moving large items around.But I'm guessing all you'd end up with is an older QQ if you haven't already managed that.I posted in another thread that I discovered a couple of "minor" things that hadn't been done very well under the bonet. Could well be that someone just didn't tighten your hose clip correctly and once resolved all will be fine.Agree that two weeks to replace the liquid is unreasonable though. Cannot be the case surely.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
fizzystutter

Post by fizzystutter »

Hi,I'm not disagreeing with what Donkey has said, far from it. I wasn't willing to take a Micra as a courtesy car and with Nissan UK not budging I was left with the ultimatum which I gave them in order for them to put me into a like for like, or as close as possible.I can now concentrate on the fluid issue.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

hat last sentence is never one anyone wants to say is it Sorry..just couldn't resist
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014