Fan running on and water leak

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
KateC

Post by KateC »

I have a 2015 Tekna. Today I did my short regular run of 3 miles. When I got home and switched off the engine, I suddenly heard running water and there was a loud noise coming from the bonnet. Sounded like a very loud fan fan, but I haven't heard it before even after long runs or on hotter days. I looked under the car and there was a big wet patch and drips coming from the pipe above the wet patch. I have had the car nearly a year and done 11,000 miles. Is it normal to get this rush of water and the fan to run on for around 5 minutes? If so why is this the first time it has done it?

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Water may well have come from aircon condenser. It often does this. It's just taking water vapour our of the air within the car.
KateC

Post by KateC »

Thank-you gvmdaddy. I have just never heard the water gush out like this before or the fan run on
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Not so much of a gush, more of a trickle, but if you've not heard it before you could mistakenly think you had a problem.
KateC

Post by KateC »

Thank-you. When I turned the engine off, it sounded like my downstairs toilet overflow pipe was running quite fast (very near where I park the QQ. I thought it was that first of all, definitely not a trickle. I will take it out again in a few minutes and see if it does it again